NMIMS Mumbai PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application
NMIMS Shobhaben Pratapbhai Patel School of Pharmacy and Technology Management announces PhD (Pharmaceutical Sciences) Admission 2019
NMIMS Mumbai PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences Admission 2019 - SVKM’s NMIMS Shobhaben Pratapbhai Patel School of Pharmacy & Technology Management, Mumbai invites applications from the eligible candidates for admission into Ph.D. (Pharmaceutical Sciences) Program for the academic session 2019.
Specialization: Area of interest
- Pharmaceutics (Pharmaceutics / Pharmaceutical Technology)
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Duration: Minimum 3 including coursework & Maximum 6 Years
See: PhD Admissions
Important Dates for NMIMS Mumbai PhD in (Pharmaceutical Sciences) Admission 2019
- Online registration on website www.nmims.edu: 28th January 2019
- Last date of online registration: 27th June 2019
- Call letters available on website for written test www.nmims.edu: 2nd July 2019
- Date of written test and Personal Interview: 6th July’2019
- Result – Declaration of I Merit List : 13th July 2019
- Payment of Admission fees (I Merit List) 16th To 22nd July 2019
- Declaration of II Merit List: 25th July 2019
- Payment of Admission fees (II Merit List) 26th July to 2nd August 2019
- Commencement of Program: 17th August 2019
- Closure of Admission / Last date of admission Tuesday 3rd September 2019
See: Pharmacy Admissions
Eligibility Criteria for NMIMS Mumbai PhD in (Pharmaceutical Sciences) Admission 2019
The basic qualification criteria for the purpose of admission to PhD Program shall be as under:
- Ph.D. (Pharmaceutical Sciences): Candidates for admission to the program shall have a Master's Degree examination in Pharmacy of any Statutory University or equivalent there to with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- Candidates working in Industry at an executive or supervisor capacity (out of which at least 2 years work experience should be after obtaining Master’s degree. It should be full time experience and should NOT include part time experience, internship, projects, training period, and trainee – Pharmacy or Management etc.) are eligible for admission to the Ph.D. (Pharmaceutical Sciences) Program 2019.
- Candidates working in reputed Research Organizations or Academic Institutes, situated in the close vicinity of Mumbai or Shirpur campuses are eligible for admission to the Ph.D. program if they satisfy the conditions mentioned below
- Candidates should be working in an organization which encourages and facilitates research.
- The Academic Institution should have at least one running PG program in any specialization.
- Candidates should have a minimum of two years of work experience (full time) in research organization, academic institutions or Industry.
- Candidates should furnish a ‘consent and no objection certificate’ from his/her Academic Institution and ‘MOU’ in case of industry or research organization.
Intake: Total number of seats 10
- The candidate must have passed Admission Test conducted by the University. OR
- The candidate is qualified in UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/GATE/GPAT examination of the apex bodies in higher/technical professional education or other equivalent examination
- Section A: General Pharma Aptitude test
- Section B: Area/ Domain Specific – M.Pharm
The candidate must have qualified written test with qualifying marks as 50% conducted by the NMIMS University.
- Candidates those who have qualified (with valid period & valid score) in NET/SET/GATE/GPAT/JRF examination of the apex bodies in higher/technical professional education such as UGC, CSIR, ICMR or other equivalent examinations mentioned on the score card, such candidates are exempted from NMIMS entrance test. However, they have to appear for Personal Interview.
- After completing M. Pharm degree, if any candidate is interested in getting registered for Ph.D. degree and availing National Doctoral Scholarship the validity of the GPAT scorecard shall be for three years from the date of announcement of the GPAT result.
- Presentation based on Statement of Purpose followed by Personal Interview.
- During interviews, doctoral candidates are expected to discuss their research interest/area.
NMIMS Mumbai PhD in (Pharmaceutical Sciences) Admission 2019 Application Process
- Candidates can do online registration at www.nmims.edu
- Before filling the online form, please read all the instruction carefully mentioned in instruction sheet, important dates and also Terms & Condition given in online application form.
- Registration Fee is non-refundable.
- Online Registration Fee of Rs. 1000/- plus applicable taxes to be paid by Credit Card (Visa / Master). (Please refer online registration for payment details.)
SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)
NMIMS, Admission Department SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies V. L. Mehta Road, JVPD Scheme, Vile Parle (West), Mumbai-400056, Website www.nmims.edu
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India