NIE (ICMR) MPH Admission 2020, Notification, Eligibility, Dates
National Institute of Epidemiology (NIE) Chennai admission to Master of Public Health (MPH) in Epidemiology and Health Systems 2020
NIE MPH Admission 2020 - Applications are invited by National Institute of Epidemiology (NIE), Chennai for admission to 2 year Master of Public Health (MPH) Program in Epidemiology and Health System of Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), Thiruvananthapuram conducted by ICMR School of Public Health at the National Institute of Epidemiology, Chennai for the session 01st July 2020.
NIE MPH Program Details
- The National Institute of Epidemiology (NIE) was conducting two programs of Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), Thiruvananthapuram: (1) Master of Applied Epidemiology (MAE) since 2001 and (2) Master of Public Health (Health Services Development Research) (MPH-HSDR) since 2008, at NIE, Chennai.
- These programs were primarily aimed at developing a cadre of trained public health professionals in the country by training the 'in-service' health professionals working in govt. health departments
Also See : Masters in Public Health Admission
NIE MPH Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Last Date for Receipt of Completed Applications at NIE is 31st December 2019
- Date of Commencement of the Course: 01st July 2020
- The MPH (Epidemiology and Health Systems) is a two-year programme, comprising of four contact sessions across 12 months at NIE interspersed with three field postings of 12 months duration in total.
- The MPH (EHS) is a 60 credits Program. Of these, 22 credits are for the contact sessions at NIE and 38 for various field projects conducted during their ‘field postings.
Eligibility Criteria for NIE MPH Admission 2020
- Candidates fulfilling the following criteria are eligible to apply for the course:
- M.B.B.S. degree recognized by the Medical Council of India
- Working in public health, preferably regularized and permanent employees of State or Central Government Department or Medical institutions; (b) Private (Non-Government)candidates worked / working in public health
- Three years’ experience in public health related activities
- Age up to 45 years as on 01st July 2020; departmental candidates from ICMR institutions will be granted age relaxation of 5 years. SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates will be eligible for age relaxation as per Govt. of India rules
Also See : Admission Notifications
- A selection committee constituted by SCTIMST and NIE will select the candidates based on the following:
- Review of the application form
- Written test (if necessary)
- Personal interview at NIE, Chennai
- Reservation of seats will be as per Government of India norms being followed by SCTIMST. Mere possession of the eligibility criteria will not entail selection for the course
- The decision of the Director, SCTIMST, shall be final for selection of the candidates
- There is no course fee for the candidates sponsored by the State/Central Government Departments/Armed forces.
- For the non-sponsored government/private candidates and the sponsored candidates from private institutions, the course fee is Rs.100000/- (non-refundable), payable at the beginning of the course
Reservation of Seats
- Reservation of seats will be as per Government of India norms being followed by SCTIMST. Mere possession of the eligibility criteria will not entail selection for the course. The decision of the Director, SCTIMST, shall be final for selection of candidates.
NIE MPH Admission 2020 Application Process
- The prescribed application form can be downloaded from the Institute’s Website www.nie.gov.in; the prescribed application form given in the website or its photocopy alone should be used; application in any other form will not be considered
- Applications should be submitted along with the Application Fee of Rs.600/- (Rupees Six hundred only) by means of a Demand Draft drawn on any nationalized bank in favour of "Director, NIE” payable at Chennai
- Applications without the application fee will not be considered
- Duly filled in prescribed Application Form with necessary enclosures should be sent to the following address: MPH Program Coordinator, ICMR School of Public Health, ICMR - National Institute of Epidemiology, Tamil Nadu Housing Board, Ayapakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600 077 super scribing “Application for MPH” on top of the cover
For more information, visit the institute website https://www.nie.gov.in
National Institute of Epidemiology (NIE), Chennai
(School of Public Health), NIE (Indian Council of Medical Research - ICMR), Dept. of Health Research, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India, Ayapakkam, Chennai-600077, Email firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone No.: 044-26136417, Website www.nie.gov.in
Admission Open for 2020
- UPES Dehradun 2020 Admissions all Courses - Apply Now!
- Lovely Professional University Admissions 2020 open for all Courses - Apply Now!
- Chandigarh University, Punjab Admissions Open for All Courses 2020 - Apply Now!