National Institute of Epidemiology (NIE) Chennai announces Admission to Master of Public Health (MPH) in Epidemiology and Health Systems Programme 2022
NIE (ICMR) MPH Admission 2022 – Applications are invited from medical graduates for admission to the Master of Public Health (Epidemiology and Health Systems) – 2 year program of Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram, conducted by ICMR School of Public Health at ICMR – National Institute of Epidemiology, Chennai for the academic session commencing in July 2022.
- The MPH (Epidemiology and Health Systems) is a two-year program, comprising four contact sessions across 12 months at NIE interspersed with three field postings of 12 months duration in total.
- The MPH (EHS) is a 60 credits Program. Of these, 22 credits are for the contact sessions at NIE and 38 for various field projects conducted during their field postings.
NIE (ICMR) MPH Admission 2022 Important Dates
- Application Process : Ongoing
- Last date for receipt of application : 31st December 2021
- Date of commencement of the course : 01st July 2022
Eligibility criteria for NIE (ICMR) MPH Admission 2022
- Candidates fulfilling the following criteria are eligible to apply for the course:
- M.B.B.S. degree recognized by Medical Council of India
- (a) Working in public health, preferably regularized and permanent employees of State or Central Government Department or Medical institutions;
- (b) Private (NonGovernment) candidates worked / working in public health
- Three years experience in public health related activities
- Age up to 45 years as on the date mentioned in the admission form. Departmental candidates from ICMR institutions will be granted age relaxation of 5 years. SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates will be eligible for age relaxation as per Government of India rules
NIE (ICMR) MPH Admission 2022 Application Process
- Admission is open to government and private candidates. Preference will be given to the candidates sponsored by the Central / State Governments / Union Territories and Armed Forces.
- The prescribed application form can be downloaded from the Institute’s Website: www.nie.gov.in
- The prescribed application form given in the website or its photocopy alone should be used. Application in any other form will not be considered.
- Duly filled in prescribed Application Form with necessary enclosures should be sent to the following address, superscribing “Application for MPH ” on top of the cover. MPH Program Coordinator ICMR School of Public Health ICMR – National Institute of Epidemiology Tamil Nadu Housing Board, Ayapakkam Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600 077
- Application fee : Rs.600/-
- Mode of Payment : Demand Draft drawn on any nationalized bank in favour of “Director, NIE” payable at Chennai
- A selection committee constituted by SCTIMST and NIE will select the candidates based on the following:
- Review of the application form
- Written test (if necessary)
- Personal interview at NIE, Chennai
- Reservation of seats will be as per Government of India norms being followed by SCTIMST. Mere possession of the eligibility criteria will not entail selection for the course
- The decision of the Director, SCTIMST, shall be final for selection of the candidates
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website