Kerala Agricultural University (KAU) Postgraduate and PhD Admission 2019
Kerala Agricultural University (KAU) announces Postgraduate and PhD Admission 2019
KAU PG and PhD Admission 2019 - Applications are invited for admission to two years PG Programmes and three years PhD Courses the following courses conducted in the institutions under Kerala Agricultural University for the Academic Year 2019-20.
See: MSc Admission 2019
- M Sc. (Agriculture)
- M Sc. (Horticulture.)
- M Sc. (Community Science)
- M Sc. (Agricultural Statistics)
- M Sc. (Co-operation & Banking)
- M Sc. (Forestry)
- M Tech (Agricultural Engineering)
- Ph.D in Agriculture
- Ph.D in Horticulture
- Ph.D in Community Science
- Ph.D in Rural Marketing Management
- Ph.D in Forestry
- Ph.D in Agricultural Engineering
See: PHD Admission 2019
Eligibility Criteria for KAU PG and PhD Admission 2019
- Candidates should have obtained equivalent degree from a University/ Institution approved by KAU for admission to various PG/ Ph.D programmes. Applications of candidates with relevant qualification from Universities accredited by ICAR/ State Agricultural Universities/Central Universities/ Central Agricultural Universities/ ICAR Deemed Universities are generally accepted except for admission to Community Science and Agricultural Statistics.
- Eligibility Criteria for the admission of ICAR students will be as per ICAR norms.
Eligibility for Ph.D Programme except in Community Science & Rural Marketing Management
- Master’s Degree in the respective discipline /related discipline from the faculty concerned of KAU or a recognised equivalent qualification with an OGPA of 7.0/10.0 for general category and 6.5/10.0 for SC/ST. A basic degree in Agri./Hort./Ag.Engg./Forestry is essential for all respective Ph.D courses except Community Science and Rural Marketing Management.
- Basic Degree UG 4 years + PG 2 years from a University approved by KAU will be strictly followed for admission to the Ph.D. programmes except Community Science and Rural Marketing Management.
Eligibility for Community Science
- The minimum eligibility for admission to Ph.D in Community Science shall be M Sc. In Community Science recognised by KAU with an OGPA of 7.0/10.0 for general category and 6.5/10.0 for SC/ST or 60% marks for general category and 50% marks for SC/ST under traditional system.
Eligibility for Rural Marketing Management
- Master’s Degree in the respective discipline /related discipline from the faculty concerned of KAU or a recognized equivalent qualification with an OGPA of 7.0/10.0 for general category and 6.5/10.0 for SC/ST or MBA (ABM) with an OGPA of 7.0/10.0 for general category and 6.5/10.0 for SC/ST.
See: MTech Entrance Exams
M Sc./ M.Tech Programmes.
- Minimum OGPA requirement for Kerala Agricultural University Graduates for M.Sc./ M.Tech. Programmes.
Regulations & OGPA
- Graduates under regulations of KAU upto 2006; For General Category-7.50/10.00; For SC/ST-7.00/10.00
- Graduates under regulations of KAU for 2007; For General Category-6.00/10.00; For SC/ST-5.50/10.00
- Graduates under regulations of KAU from 2013 onwards; For General Category-7.00/10.00; For SC/ST6.50/10.00
Faculty of Agriculture
- M. Sc. (Agriculture/Horticulture): Bachelor’s degree in the respective subject/ equivalent degree recognised by KAU with a OGPA of 7.00/10.00 for general candidates and 6.50/10.00 for SC/ST.
- M. Sc. Community Science: Bachelor degree in Community Science with 50% marks from a recognized university or B Sc. (Hons.) Ag. of KAU or equivalent.
- M. Sc. (Agricultural Statistics): Degree in Agriculture or equivalent recognized by KAU with a OGPA of 7.00/10.00 for general candidates and 6.50/10.00 for SC/ST. The degree holders in B Sc. Mathematics/Statistics with 50% marks from a recognized University can also apply.
- M Sc. (Co-operation & Banking): B. Sc. (Hons.) C&B degree of the KAU or an equivalent degree recognized by KAU with a OGPA of 7.00/10.00 for general candidates and 6.50/10.00 for SC/ST.
Faculty of Forestry
- M. Sc. (Forestry): A basic degree in Forestry/ Agriculture/ Horticulture/ B.V.Sc. & A.H (for Wildlife Science only) or equivalent degree recognized by KAU with a OGPA of 7.00/10.00 for general candidates and 6.50/10.00 for SC/ST. (Degree holders with higher Grade Certificate from Ranger's College or with Diploma in Forestry from State Forest College/Indian Forest College, Dehradun are also eligible).
Faculty of Agricultural Engineering & Technology
- M Tech. (Agricultural Engineering): A bachelor degree in Agricultural Engineering/ Food Engineering# or an equivalent degree recognized by KAU with an OGPA of 7.00/10.00 for general candidates and 6.50/10.00 for SC/ST.
Reservation of seats
- Reservation of seats and admission for sponsored candidates
- 25% of the seats shall be reserved for the eligible candidates sponsored by the ICAR based on All India Entrance Examination conducted by ICAR. At the time of admission, ICAR candidates have to fill the Bio data and remit the fees as prescribed by KAU.
- Candidates sponsored by the Govt. of Kerala are admitted over and above the intake capacity subject to availability of faculty and facilities.
KAU PG and Ph.D Admission 2019 Application Process
- Application forms and prospectus for admission to the above PG /Ph.D programmes are available in the KAU website www.admissions.kau.in
- Details of qualification, mode of selection, conduct of courses etc. are available in the prospectus. Candidates should carefully read the instructions in the prospectus before filling the online application.
- Candidate should submit the application online after registering on the website. Hard copy of the online application shall be forwarded along with the required documents and details of fees to the Registrar, Kerala Agricultural University, KAU P.O., Thrissur, Kerala-680 656 before the last date prescribed for the submission of hard copy of online application.
- The online application will be valid only if the University receives the hard copy of application and other documents within the stipulated time.
- Applications received late or found defective or incomplete in any manner or which do not contain any of the enclosures specified are liable to be summarily rejected.
- The candidates are advised to read carefully the instructions given in the website before filling up the application.
Masters Degree programme
- General category: 1000/-
- SC/ ST (Native of Kerala only): 500/-
Ph.D Programme in all faculties
- General category: 1500/-
- SC/ ST (Native of Kerala only): 750/-
Mode of Payment
- The application fee can be paid online by using the internet facility “SBI COLLECT” of State Bank of India for which a link will be provided in the application portal. Also the applicant can directly remit the application fee in any of the SBI branches by using the online challan generated through “SBI COLLECT”. Application should be enclosed with the online receipt of payment of application fee. Any other mode of payment will not be accepted.
KAU PG and Ph.D Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date for submitting Application: 10th July 2019
- Receipt of Hard Copy of Application: 17th July 2018
- PhD in Physics Admissions 2019
- PhD Admission in Management 2019
- PhD in Bioinformatics Admissions 2019
- PhD in Biotechnology Admission
- PhD in Electrical Engineering Admission
- PhD in History
- Ph.D. in Social Work
- PhD in Biology Admissions 2019
- PhD in Economics Admissions 2019
- PhD in Chemistry Admissions 2019
- PhD in Commerce Admission
- PhD in Mechinical Engineering Admission
- Phd in Psychology
Kerala Agricultural University, Main Campus, Vellanikkara, KAU–P.O. , Thrissur-680656, website www.admissions.kau.in
Admission Open for 2020
- UPES Dehradun 2020 Admissions all Courses - Apply Now!
- Lovely Professional University Admissions 2020 open for all Courses - Apply Now!
- Chandigarh University, Punjab Admissions Open for All Courses 2020 - Apply Now!