GNDU Amritsar PhD Admission 2019 - Dates, Eligibility, Application
Guru Nanak Dev University Amritsar announces Phd Eligibility Test 2019 for Admission to PhD Program
GNDU Amritsar PhD Admission 2019 - GNDU Amritsar has invited online applications for admissions to Doctoral of Philosophy program for the year 2019
GNDU PhD Eligibility Test 2019
- The students who have qualified in UGC (NET)/UGC-CSIR (JRF) Exam/SLET/ GATE/ GPAT/ ICAR/ INSPIRE/ Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship awardees/teacher-fellowship holders, or have passed M. Phil from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar will be exempted from PhD Eligibility Test.
- The UGC/ CSIR/ INSPIRE/Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship awardees or candidates who are awarded fellowships directly by these or other funding agencies for the purpose of pursuing PhD can be enrolled any time during the session. NET/GATE qualified project fellows appointed against financed projects of at least two years duration can also be registered for PhD any time during the session.
- PhD Eligibility Test will be conducted for the courses in which there are not sufficient number of NET and other qualified candidates to fill in seats for the PhD programme, as per the prevailing Ordinances of Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, for its PhD Programs.
- The minimum qualifying marks required to pass in the PhD Eligibility Test have been fixed as 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled candidates) in the aforesaid
Also see: PhD Admission 2019
GNDU Amritsar PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Online submission of application form 17th January to 31st January 2019
- Date of entrance test 05th February 2019
- Date and venue of counseling 11th February 2019 in respective department
- Venue of entrance test – Respective Department
- Last date to generate bank slip 29th January 2019
- Last date to deposit fee in bank 30th January 2019
- Last date of online fee payment 31st January 2019.
Eligibility Criteria for GNDU Amritsar PhD Admission 2019
- Master’s degree with at least 55% marks (6.18 CGPA out of 10) or 50% marks (5.62 CGPA out of 10) for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ differently-abled candidates of Guru Nanak Dev University or an equivalent degree of recognized Indian University in the subject concerned or allied-field.
- The PhD Eligibility Test will be only a qualifying exam/step for participating in the counseling for admission, and the other conditions for PhD admission will be as per the prevailing Ordinances of Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, for its PhD Programmes. Mere qualifying in the PhD eligibility test does not ensure admission to PhD
- The syllabus for the PhD eligibility test for admission to PhD Program will be the same as prescribed for UGC-NET conducted by respective regulatory bodies. In case of subjects where NET is not conducted, the syllabus for the test will be notified by the concerned Head of the Dept.
PhD Eligibility Test 2019 Pattern
- There will be two question papers:
- The first paper will be compulsory and common to all candidates. It will consist of 25 multiple-choice questions of general awareness and mental ability, and will carry 25 marks
- The second paper will be subjected specific. The candidates will be required to attempt 50 objective type questions, each question carrying 1 mark, and 5 short answer type questions (out of 15), each question carrying 5 marks.
GNDU Amritsar PhD Admission 2019 Application Form
- Application for admission shall be submitted only through online at the University website: www.gnduadmissions.org
Registration/ Application Fee
- Registration Fee for SC/ST is Rs. 600 and for all other categories it is Rs. 1200.
- Registration Fee for Foreign/NRI Students is US$ 500.
- Registration fee can be paid either in State Bank of India through bank challan or can be deposited online.
- Registration fee is non-refundable.
List of the Depts. where PhD Eligibility Test will be conducted:
- (1) Architecture, (2) Biotechnology, (3) Botany, (4) Chemistry, (5) Environmental Sciences, (6) Food Science & Technology, (7) Human Genetics, (8) Laws, (9) Microbiology, (10) Pharmaceutical Sciences, (11) Physics, (12) Physiotherapy, (13 Planning, (14) Psychology (15) School of Social Sciences, (16) Sociology, (17) Sports Science & Medicine (18) Zoology
Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, and Phone No.: +91-183-2258802, Website www.gnduadmissions.org
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India