The Gandhigram Rural Institute announces Admission to PhD Program 2022
The Gandhigram Rural Institute PhD Admission 2022 – The Gandhigram Rural Institute, Tamil Nadu invites applications for admissions to various Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programs for the academic year 2022-22. Interested candidates can submit their applications on or before August 26, 2022 through online mode.
The Gandhigram Rural Institute PhD Admission 2022
PhD Program offered in
- Tamil; Hindi; English; Malayalam; Rural Development; Gandhian Studies; Sociology; Political Science & Development Administration; Education; Physical Education; Rural Industries & Management; Economics; Cooperation; Mathematics; Physics; Chemistry; Home Science Extension and Communication; Computer Science and Applications Applied Geology; Applied Research; Future Studies ; Centre for Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy; Biology; LifeLong Learning and Extension; Centre for Rural Technology
Categories of Ph.D. Program
- There shall be three categories of Ph.D. candidates:
- Full-time candidates
- Part-time candidates(Internal)
- Part-time candidates(External)
- Last date for submission of application form: 26th August 2022
- Exam Date : To be announced
- Candidates (Indian / Foreigner) who have studied under 10+2+3+2 years pattern or 10+2+5 years or 11+1+3+2 or 12+ 2+ 3+3 or 10+2+4+2 pattern of education and qualified for the award of the Master’s Degree in relevant discipline in Gandhigram Rural Institute – Deemed to be University (GRI-DTBU/GRI) or any other university recognized by the University Grants Commission in relevant discipline with not less than 55% marks (50% for SC/ST and part-time non-teacher candidates) or B grade in the seven point scale or an equivalent grade are eligible.
- In addition, he / she should have qualified at the entrance test and interview conducted By GRI. OR should have obtained M.Phil or qualified the UGC – JRF / NET / SLET / Lecturership / GATE / CSIR / ICAR / ICSSR or other fellowships or passed equivalent examinations.
- Candidates with UGC – JRF / NET / GATE / CSIR / ICAR / ICSSR fellowship and such other fellowships approved by GoI shall be admitted any time, followed by an interview.
- Candidates visit https://www.ruraluniv.ac.in/ for online registration.
- Before starting to fill up the application form, read the e-prospectus carefully and get ready with the necessary documents.
- Cost of the application is Rs.2000/-
- Mode of Payment : Through online
Entrance Test Pattern
- A Common Entrance Test will be conducted through both online and offline by the Controller of Examinations for the eligible candidates as detailed below: This pattern is applicable for Indian, NRI and foreign students.
- Question paper pattern for Research Aptitude Test
- Duration – 1 hour
- Type – Multiple Choice Questions
- Marks – 50 (50×1)
- Question paper pattern for Subject Test (Descriptive)
- Duration – 1 hour
- Distribution – 5 out of 7 questions
- Marks – Each question carries 10 Marks (5×10)
- A minimum of 60% in each component is a must to become eligible for attending the interview and for SC/ST applicants a minimum of 50% in each component is eligible for attending the interview. Question papers for Research Aptitude Test (General) and Subject Test will be set and evaluated by a Board consisting of the HOD and the Research Supervisors concerned.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website