Gandhigram Rural University announces ADmission to UG, PG, Diploma and PhD Program 2020
Gandhigram Rural University Admission 2020 – The Gandhigram Rural University has invited applicants for admissions to various Diploma, UG, PG, PG Diploma, Diploma, Certificate and PhD Programs for the academic year 2020-21. Interested candidates can submit their applications on or before August 17, 2020 through online mode.
Read further for more details on Gandhigram Rural University Admission 2020
UG Program – B.A., B.Com., B.B.A, B.Sc., B.Voc., D.Voc., B.Tech. etc.
PG Program – M.A., M.Com., M.B.A, M.Sc. MCA, M.Tech., B Sc., B.Ed. & B.Ed, M.Ed etc.
PG Diploma Program – P.G Diploma in Spatial Technologies, Applied Gerontology, Sanitary Inspector’s, Epigraphy, Sustainable Social Development & Yoga Education etc.
Diploma Program – Diploma in Two Wheeler Mechanism and Maintenance, Textile Technology, Agriculture, Videography, Yoga Education, Vocational Stream etc.
Certificate Programs – Certificate in Two Wheeler Technician, Epigraphy, Folk Arts, News Reading and Anchoring, Translation, Functional Malayalam, Spoken English, French, Satellite Image Processing etc.
PhD Programs – PhD Programs
Gandhigram Rural University Admission 2020 Important Dates
Start of Online Application – 20th July 2020
Last Date for Submission of Online Application for All UG PG & Diploma Programmes – 17th August 2020
For Ph.D, applications can be made from -01st September 2020
Last Date for Submission of Online Application for All Ph.D. Programmes – 30th September 2020
Eligibility Criteria for Gandhigram Rural University Admission 2020
- For UG, Diploma, Certificate, Programs – A Pass in 10+2/Higher Secondary examinations with minimums marks.
- For PG & PG Diploma, Programs – Passed Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks.
- For PhD Programs – Master’s degree in Science/Arts/Commerce with minimum 55% marks.
Age Limit as on 01st July 2020
- 21 years for UG/Diploma Programmes (24 years forSC/STs)
- 25 years for PG Diploma in Sanitary Inspector’s Course (28 years for SC/STs)
- 35 years for B.Voc, Diploma, D.Voc. and Skill based programmes
There is no age limit for other Programmes.
For all the courses, eligibility details, visit the website https://www.ruraluniv.ac.in/
Gandhigram Rural University Admission 2020 Application Process
- Applications can be submitted online only through official website https://www.ruraluniv.ac.in/
- Applications are to be submitted only by online. Online applications can be made from 20th July 2020 (Monday) onwards for all programmes except Ph.D. For Ph.D, applications can be made from 01st September 2020. Please visit University website www.ruraluniv.ac.in for prospectus and instructions for filling up the online applications.
- Candidates are advised to read carefully and follow the instructions. Before applying for admission, the candidate is advised to ensure his/her eligibility as per the criteria laid down in the prospectus.
- Before submission of an online application, the candidates should register for admission enabling generation of username and password which will be sent through email and SMS to the candidates. At the time of online registration the following details should be furnished.
- All Diploma / UG / PG Dip / PG programmes – Rs.600/-
- PhD Programs – Rs.2000/-
- Mode of payment – Online through Credit card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
- For UG / Diploma Programmes / B.Sc.-B.Ed.
- Admission through counseling based on marks scored in Higher Secondary or its equivalent examinations
For B.Tech. / PG / PG Diploma
- Admission based on Entrance Test. The date and time of the test will be sent to the eligible candidates. The list of candidates called for entrance will be notified on the institute website also.
For Ph.D. Programmes
- For the Ph.D programme an interview will be followed by the entrance test. Only candidates who have passed the entrance test will be called for the interview
For B.Ed. programme
- Admission based on the percentage of marks scored
in UG/PG programme
For M.Tech. Renewable Energy Programme
- Category A: Based on GATE Score
- Category B: Based on entrance test conducted byGRI (50% weightage for qualification and remaining 50% for entrance test)
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website