Delhi University UG Admission 2018 Eligibility Criteria Entrance Based Programmes
Delhi University Admission 2018 Undergraduate Entrance-Based Programmes Eligibility Criteria
DU Admission 2018 Minimum Education Qualification for Entrance Based Courses
Qualifying examinations for the purpose of admission to the first year of undergraduate programmes offered by the University of Delhi shall be Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (Class XII) of the Central Board of Secondary Education or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto.
The applicants seeking admission to the undergraduate programmes offered by the University should have passed the qualifying examination obtaining minimum marks as specified for each of the programmes in subsequent sections.
As per Ordinance-I of the University, there is no minimum age bar for admission to the under-graduate and postgraduate programmes in the University and its colleges except in the programmes where the respective regulatory bodies, such as Medical Council of India (MCI), All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), Bar Council of India (BCI), National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE), Dental Council of India (DCI), etc. have prescribed the minimum age requirement in their regulations. Gap year(s) would not be a bar for purposes of admission to the undergraduate programmes
Also See : Admission Notification
The applications for admission to the Undergraduate Programmes in the Colleges in respect of applicants belonging to the Examining bodies of Boards / Universities recognized / accredited by the Association of Indian University / University Grants Commission / Ministry of Human Resource Development shall be considered by the College/Department in terms of the following recommendations as mentioned in the University circular letter of 13 - 1- 2005.
1. That various degrees from Universities recognized by the Association of Indian Universities / University Grants Commission / Ministry of Human Resource Development or by any bilateral agreement be considered as equivalent to corresponding degrees of the University of Delhi subject to the conditions that Programme duration is same as in the University of Delhi for purposes of determining eligibility for admission to various Programmes and further Departments / Colleges may be allowed to evolve procedure through their respective Admission Committees.
2. Senior School Certificate of various Boards recognized by Association of Indian Universities /Central Board of Secondary Education is considered as equivalent to the Senior School Certificate of Central Board for the purposes of eligibility to various Undergraduate Programmes.
3. Students who pass various Degree / School Examination of Foreign Universities / Boards as have already been approved by the Equivalence Committee, from time to time, be considered eligible as a matter of routine. The cases of only those applicants who do not fall in the list of Association of Indian Universities /University Grants Commission/ Ministry of Human Resource Development recognized accredited Boards/ Universities shall be referred to the University on the basis of individual merit.
For some Boards which issue consolidated mark sheets containing marks of both 11th and 12th class, the merit of such applicants shall be determined on the basis of such consolidated mark sheet.
Admission in any programme/course shall not be granted on the basis of projected scores issued by any Board / School.
Also See : Delhi University UG Admissions 2018
Admission Open for 2020
- UPES Dehradun 2020 Admissions all Courses - Apply Now!
- Lovely Professional University Admissions 2020 open for all Courses - Apply Now!
- Chandigarh University, Punjab Admissions Open for All Courses 2020 - Apply Now!