Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University announces Admission for PhD Program 2022-23 (Odd Semester)
Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University PhD Admission 2022 – Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology Murthal (DCRUST) Sonepat invites applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program for the academic year 2022-23 (Odd Semester).
Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University PhD Admission 2022
PhD Department and Seats
- Architecture : 13 Seats
- Bio Technology : 03 Seats
- Bio-Medical Engg. : 07 Seats
- Civil Engg. : 03 Seats
- Chemistry :06 Seats
- Chemical Engg. : 10 Seats
- Centre of Excellence in Energy & Environment Studies : 11 Seats
- Computer Science & Engg. : 12 Seats
- Electronics & Comm. Engg. : 13 Seats
- Electrical Engg. : 11 Seats
- Humanities : 02 Seats
- Management Studies : 13 Seats
- Mathematics : 00 Seats
- Mechanical Engg. : 12 Seats
- Physics : 04 Seats
Duration of the Program
- Ph.D. programme shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including coursework and a maximum of six years. For further details, refer Ph.D. ordinance.
- Last date for online submission of forms : 25th July 2022
- Availability of admit cards on the website : 28th July 2022
- Entrance test examinations : 30th July to 01st August 2022
- Declaration of result : 03rd August 2022
- DRC meetings* and provisional admission: 05th – 12th August 2022
- Last date for deposition of fee: 19th August 2022
- Start of Pre Ph.D.course work classes : 22nd August 2022
Eligibility Criteria for Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University PhD Admission 2022
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme must have a Master’s degree in the relevant discipline or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree in the relevant discipline by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale.efer AICTE Letter F. No.2-PC/ACITE/Gen. Dust, Edu. Policy/2018/439 Dated: 23.08.2018).
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/BC(non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
- The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- The candidate seeking admission shall apply to the University online (link is available on the university website www.dcrustm.ac.in / dcrustadmission.org)
- Please keep your scanned photograph, saved in a file in jpeg format, ready to upload on the application form. The file size should be between 20 kB to 40 kB.
- Please keep your scanned signature, saved in a file in jpeg format, ready to upload on the application form. The file size should be between 10 kB to 20 kB.
- Application fee must be paid online which is activated after the application form is completed.
- All the details required in the Online Application form should be filled in.
- For General category and all others candidates : Rs. 1000/-
- For SC/DSC/BC category candidates : Rs. 250/-
- Mode of payment : Through online mode
- Applicants will have to take the Entrance Test and those further shortlisted will be required to appear for an interview. Candidates who have valid JRF (UGC / CSIR / DBT / any other through an Entrance Test)/ GATE / NET are exempted from the Entrance Test
- In the Entrance Test, the candidate has to secure at least 50% marks in case of General Category. A relaxation of 5% of marks (from 50% to 45%) shall be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC / BC (Non-Creamy layers) / Differently-abled category in the entrance examination conducted by the University.
- The entrance test shall be a single paper test of 120 minutes duration consisting of 100 multiple choice questions. The candidates shall be required to answer all questions.
- There shall be no negative marking.
- The candidates, who qualified the entrance test conducted in July 2021 may opt the same score for admission in Ph.D. (2022-23 odd semester). However, they have to register afresh & may also appear in entrance examinations to improve their score.
Syllabi for Entrance Test
- In case of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics the syllabus shall be of CSIR-NET-2021.
- In case of English and Management, the syllabus shall be of UGC-NET-2021.
- In the case of the Centre of Excellence in Energy & Environment Studies the syllabus is given in Annexure-A.
- In case of disciplines (Computer Science & Engg. /Electronics & Communication Engg./Electrical/Mechanical/Biotechnology/Chemical/Civil/Bio-Medical Engg./ Architecture) on the basis of GATE-2022 syllabi.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
- Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
- PhD Admission and Entrance Exam Notifications 2022
- Admission Notification and Dates 2022