Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University PhD Admission 2021 Application Form, Eligibility, Dates
Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University announces Admission for PhD Program 2021-22 (Odd Semester)
Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University PhD Admission 2021 - Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology Murthal (DCRUSTM) Sonepat invites applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program for the academic year 2021-22 (Odd Semester).
Candidates can check details of Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University PhD Admission 2021 such as application forms, eligibility criteria and more from the page below.
PhD Department and Seats
- Architecture : 15 Seats
- Bio Technology : 00 Seats
- Bio-Medical Engg. : 04 Seats
- Civil Engg. : 02 Seats
- Chemistry : 06 Seats
- Chemical Engg. : 05 Seats
- Centre of Excellence in Energy & Environment Studies : 03 Seats
- Computer Science & Engg. : 07 Seats
- Electronics & Comm. Engg. : 11 Seats
- Electrical Engg. : 10 Seats
- English : 04 Seats
- Management Studies : 06 Seats
- Mathematics : 00 Seats
- Mechanical Engg. : 18 Seats
- Physics : 05 Seats
Duration of the Program
- Ph.D. programme shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including coursework and a maximum of six years. For further details, refer Ph.D. ordinance.
Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Online filling of application form :- 07th June 2021 to 08th July 2021
- Download of Admit Card from website :- 13th July 2021 onwards
- Entrance Test (Exact date, time & venue shall be printed on admit card) :- 16th July to 18th July 2021
- Result of Entrance test (to be displayed on website) :- 23rd July 2021
- DRC meeting (Exact date, time & venue shall be displayed by respective chairpersons on website) :- 27th July 2021 to 2nd August 2021
- List of admitted candidates (to be displayed on website) :- 09th August 2021
- Last date for deposition of fee :- 12th August 2021
- Start of class of Pre Ph.D. Course-work :- 16th August 2021
Eligibility Criteria for Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University PhD Admission 2021
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme must have a Master's degree in the relevant discipline or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree in the relevant discipline by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale.efer AICTE Letter F. No.2-PC/ACITE/Gen. Dust, Edu. Policy/2018/439 Dated: 23.08.2018).
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/BC(non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master's degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
- The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- The candidate seeking admission shall apply to the University online (link is available on the university website www.dcrustm.ac.in / dcrustadmission.org)
- Please keep your scanned photograph, saved in a file in jpeg format, ready to upload on the application form. The file size should be between 20 kB to 40 kB.
- Please keep your scanned signature, saved in a file in jpeg format, ready to upload on the application form. The file size should be between 10 kB to 20 kB.
- Application fee must be paid online which is activated after the application form is completed.
- All the details required in the Online Application form should be filled in.
- For General category and all others candidates :- Rs. 1000/-
- For SC/DSC/BC category candidates :- Rs. 250/-
- Mode of payment :- Through online mode
- Applicants will have to take the Entrance Test and those further shortlisted will be required to appear for an interview. Candidates who have valid JRF (UGC / CSIR / DBT / any other through an Entrance Test)/ GATE / NET are exempted from the Entrance Test
- In the Entrance Test, the candidate has to secure at least 50% marks in case of General Category. A relaxation of 5% of marks (from 50% to 45%) shall be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC / BC (Non-Creamy layers) / Differently-abled category in the entrance examination conducted by the University.
- The entrance test shall be a single paper test of 120 minutes duration consisting of 100 multiple choice questions. The candidates shall be required to answer all questions.
- There shall be no negative marking.
- The candidates, who qualified the entrance test conducted in December, 2020 may opt the same score for admission in Ph.D. (2021-22 odd semester). However, they have to register afresh & may also appear in entrance examinations to improve their score.
Syllabi for Entrance Test
- In case of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics the syllabus shall be of CSIR-NET-2021.
- In case of English and Management, the syllabus shall be of UGC-NET-2021.
- In the case of the Centre of Excellence in Energy & Environment Studies the syllabus is given in Annexure-A.
- In case of disciplines (Computer Science & Engg. /Electronics & Communication Engg./Electrical/Mechanical/Biotechnology/Chemical/Civil/Bio-Medical Engg./ Architecture) on the basis of GATE-2021 syllabi.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India