Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University PhD Admission 2019-20
DCRUSTM Sonepat announces Admission for PhD Program 2019-20 (Even Semester)
Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University PhD Admission 2019-20 - Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology, Sonepat invites applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) for the academic year 2019-20 (Even Semester).
Candidates can read the complete detail of Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University PhD Admission 2019 (Even Semester) such as application forms, eligibility criteria & other information on this page given below.
- Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science & Technology, Murthal offers Research Programs in its Departments/Centers leading to the award of Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
- The award of PhD degree is in recognition of high academic achievements, independent research and application of knowledge to the solution of technical and scientific problems in Science, Technology, Architecture, Management and Humanities.
Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University PhD Admission 2019-20 Important Dates
- Start of Online submission of form: 07th November 2019
- Last date for online submission of forms: 03rd December 2019
- Availability of admit cards on the website: 05th December 2019
- Entrance test examinations: 07th December 2019
- Declaration of result: 12th December 2019
- DRC meetings*: 16th – 24th December 2019
- List of admitted candidates: 31st December 2019
- Last date for deposition of fee: 12th January 2020
- Start of Pre Ph.D. course work classes: 13th January 2020
Duration of the Programme
- Ph.D. programme shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including coursework and a maximum of six years. For further details, refer Ph.D. ordinance.
No. of Seats
- Numbers of seats (Slots) available for admission in different Departments are given below
- Architecture 05 Seats; Biotechnology 06 Seats; Biomedical Engineering 03 Seats; Civil Engineering 01 Seat; Chemistry 06 Seats; Chemical Engineering 07 Seats; Center of Excellence in Energy and Environment Studies (CEEES) 02 Seats; Computer Science & Engineering 11 Seats; Electrical Engineering 09 Seats; Electronics & Communication Engineering 13 Seats; Materials Science and Nanotechnology 02 Seats; Mechanical Engineering 23 Seats; Management 07 Seats
Also See Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Eligibility Criteria for Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University PhD Admission 2019-20
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme must have a Master's degree in a relevant discipline or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master‟s degree in the relevant discipline by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- As per Govt. letter no. 42/158/2016-5GS1 dated 19.01.2018 issued by the chief secretary to Govt. of Haryana, the candidates who have obtained degrees/diploma through distance education mode after getting enrolled during 2001-2005 and also who were admitted after the academic session 2001-2005, their degrees/diplomas are to be treated as cancelled. Accordingly such degrees/diploma will not be considered for admission purpose.
- MHRD, Govt. of India, through an order (vide OM no. 11-15/2011-AR (TS.II) dated 06.12.2012) withdrew the recognition granted to all certificates/ qualifications awarded by professional bodies / institutions in the field of technical education.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 52.25%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/BC(non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master's degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- PhD program shall be issued once or twice in a year; number of seats available for admission in different departments and centers will be as per the vacant slots. Haryana State reservation policy will be followed to distribute the total number of slots
- The applicants will have to take the Entrance Test and those further shortlisted will be required to appear for an interview. Candidates who have valid JRF (UGC / CSIR / DBT / any other through an Entrance Test) / GATE / NET are exempted from the Entrance Test. However, candidate covered under the exempted categories may also appear in the entrance test.
- In the Entrance Test, the candidate has to secure at least 50% marks in case of General Category. A relaxation of 5% of marks (from 50% to 45%) shall be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC / BC (Non-Creamy layers) / Differently-abled category in the entrance examination conducted by the University.
- While preparing the merit list, weightages shall be given according to the following criteria:-
- 30% for the marks in the seminar/presentation/interview to be conducted by the respective DRCs/ CRCs.
- 70% for the marks in the Entrance Test. OR
- 50 marks to those candidates who have qualified valid JRF (UGC / CSIR / DBT / any other through an Entrance Test). OR
- 35 marks to those candidates who have qualified valid GATE / NET.
- The Entrance Test shall be a Single Paper Test having 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and duration of the test shall be 120 Minutes. The candidates shall be required to answer all questions. There will be no negative marking for wrong answers. The Entrance Test shall be divided in two parts.
- Part 'A' Research methodology: Part-A shall consist of 50 MCQs each carrying one mark. The questions which will be of a general nature, intended to assess the teaching / research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate (Sample copy of the paper is attached).
- Part 'B': This part shall contain 50 subject specific MCQs covering the topics given in the syllabus and are designed to test a candidate's knowledge of the subject in which he/she has applied for Ph.D. admission.
- Candidates seeking admission to Ph.D. programme shall have to appear in the Entrance Test. The eligible applicants will have to qualify the prescribed Entrance Test meant for registration to Ph.D. programme.
- Entrance Tests for admission to various Ph.D. programmes shall be conducted at University level on the basis of prescribed syllabi of concerned discipline.
- A candidate can apply for admission to one department/discipline only. The entrance test will be held at the University Campus as per the schedule.
Syllabi for Entrance Test
- In case of Chemistry, the syllabus shall be of CSIR-NET-2019
- In case of Management, the syllabus shall be of UGC-NET-2019
- In case of Biomedical Engineering, Energy & Environment Studies and Material Science and Nano Technology, the syllabus is given in Annexure-A
- In case of disciplines (Computer Science & Engg. /Electronics & Communication Engg./Electrical/Mechanical/Biotechnology/Chemical/Civil/Architecture) on the basis of GATE -2019 syllabi.
Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University PhD Admission 2019-20 Application Process
- The candidate seeking admission shall apply to the University online.(link is available on the university website www.dcrustm.ac.in / dcrustadmission.org)
- Please keep your scanned photograph, saved in a file in jpeg format, ready to upload on the application form. The file size should be between 20 kB to 40 kB.
- Please keep your scanned signature, saved in a file in jpeg format, ready to upload on the application form. The file size should be between 10 kB to 20 kB.
- Please read the instructions given below to complete and submit the Online Application form:
- Keep details of your qualification from matriculation onwards ready; all the details required in the Online Application form should be filled in Application fee must be paid online which is activated after the application form is completed.
- Application fee to be paid is Rs.1000/- (Rs.250/- for SC candidates of Haryana only)
- Fee payment are made only through online mode via State Bank Collect and No other Payment Mode is acceptable.
For more details, please visit official website www.dcrustm.ac.in
(A State University established under Haryana Legislature Act No. 29 of 2006 and recognised under 12(B) of the UGC Act, 1956), Murthal, Sonepat-131039 (Haryana), Website www.dcrustm.ac.in, dcrustadmission.org
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India