CSIR Indian Institute of Chemical Biology PhD Admission 2021 Dates, Eligibility, Application form
CSIR Indian Institute of Chemical Biology Kolkata announces Admission to PhD Program for August 2021 Session & January 2022 Session
CSIR-IICB PhD Admission 2021 - CSIR Indian Institute of Chemical Biology Kolkata invites applications for admission to Ph.D Programmes under Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR) for the academic session commencing in August 2021 & January 2022
CSIR-IICB PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
For August Session 2021
- Last date to submit online application - 31st May 2021
For January Session 2022
- Last date to submit online application - 31st August 2021
Eligibility Criteria for CSIR-IICB PhD Admission 2021
For PhD in Chemical Sciences /Biological Sciences
- A Master’s degree in Chemical Sciences /Chemistry/ Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/Microbiology/Environmental Sciences/Equivalent Life Sciences AND having a valid national level fellowship (JRF/ SRF of various funding agencies, e.g. CSIR, UGC, DBT, DST etc.) or any other equivalent fellowship like INSPIRE, RGNF etc.
For PhD in Engineering
- A Master’s degree in Engineering or Technology following a four-year engineering/technology or 4/5 year science degree; or an integrated minimum-5-year M Tech degree; or equivalent. And
At least one of the following :
- Awarded a national-level fellowship (such as NET JRF) tenable at CSIR institutes
- Meeting all the conditions required for eligibility for the CSIR-SRF
- Meeting all the conditions for award of the INSPIRE fellowship (typically awarded to students ranked first in the University)
- Meeting all the conditions stipulated by AcSIR for Project Assistants to register for a PhD
- Meeting all the conditions stipulated by AcSIR for industry-sponsored students
- CSIR Employees (Group III and Group IV) with above qualifications are also eligible to apply for admission to PhD in
- Science/Engineering, with a condition that they should have at least six years left for superannuation.
For Sponsored Candidates:
- Ph.D. (Science):- Personnel from Industry/ other outside organizations holding Master’s Degree in Physical/Biological/Chemical and Related Sciences.
- Ph.D. (Engineering):- Personnel from Industry/ other outside organizations holding Master’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology in related discipline.
CSIR-IICB PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can apply online from 15th March 2021 to 31st May 2021 at the website http://acsir.res.in.
- For more details about the application and admission procedure and to know more about AcSIR, candidates are requested to visit the website http://acsir.res.in.
For Admission Process, you need to follow two phases:
- Sign-Up phase:- In the Sign-Up phase, once you successfully Sign-Up on AcSIR Online Admission Portal, you will be receiving an auto email on your email-id with login credentials and link to be re-directed for further complete admission form fill-up process.
- Online Application Form Phase :- On completion of AcSIR Online Application form, AcSIR Application Number (AAN) will be generated e.g. AcSIR12345. This AAN shall be used in future correspondence between applicant and AcSIR.
- All applications will be screened by a committee. Candidates short-listed after the screening, will be informed to appear for an interview/aptitude test at CSIR-CLRI.
- The date of aptitude test/interview will be intimated to the shortlisted candidates and will also be posted on the institute’s website.
- Those appearing for the interview will not be paid any TA/DA. The decision of the committee with regard to the selection of candidates shall remain final.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India