Ambedkar University PhD Entrance Test 2018
Ambedkar University, Delhi PhD Program in Women’s & Gender Studies 2018
Ambedkar University PhD Entrance Test 2018 - PhD in Women's and Gender Studies, 2018 offered by Ambedkar University Delhi and Centre for Women's Development Studies (CWDS), Delhi. The notification for Ambedkar University Delhi PhD Entrance Test 2018 has been announced.
Also See : Phd Admissions 2018
- Women's and Gender Studies MPhil/PhD Program is conducted jointly by Ambedkar University Delhi and Centre for Women's Development Studies (Delhi) as part of collaboration between the two institutions.
- It creates a space for questioning silences around gender that steer the workings of caste, class and community in contemporary and historical societies, and in the social sciences.
- No. of Seats: 10
- Admissions will be made in accordance with the reservation policies of the Govt. of NCT of Delhi in respect of various social groups and other categories as applicable to institutions of higher education
- Open Online Registration of Application to all the Programs: 11th to 08th July 2018
- Display the lists of eligible applicants to all the Programs for Entrance Exam: 09th July 2018
- Admission Tests PhD Women’s & Gender Studies: 16th July 2018
- Date of Interview PhD Women’s & Gender Studies: 23rd - 24th July 2018
- Declaration of Admission List: 25th July 2018
- First list Admissions: 26th - 28th July 2018
- Declaration of Second Admission list (if required): 30th July 2018
- Second list Admissions (if required): 31st July to 01st August 2018
Also See : Admission Notifications 2018
- Candidates who have completed M.Phil in Women’s and Gender Studies or in a related Social Sciences or Humanities discipline
- Candidates who have a Masters’ degree with at least 55% in aggregate along with at least two years of work experience or publications in a related field
- Candidates holding the M.Phil degree in an area/discipline unrelated to Women's and Gender Studies could be required to complete courses prescribed for M.Phil students of up to 18 credits, as determined by the Research Studies Committee (RSC)
- Even those PhD candidates, who already hold an M.Phil degree in areas pertaining to Women’s and Gender Studies, may be asked to undertake some M.Phil courses. The RSC could decide that research on the proposed topic requires a particular kind of preparation that the scholar has not yet obtained in her/his education and training
Fellowships & Stipend
- AUD extends full fee waiver to all students belonging to SC, ST and PwD categories (please keep your certificates ready for admissions)
- Successful PhD candidates will be eligible to apply for ICSSR Doctoral Fellowships through the CWDS, for which there is a separate application process including interview which will be undertaken after formal registration in the PhD program
- AUD will give stipend to PhD scholars who are not availing any fellowship/grant
- Admission to the program will comprise of three components: Research proposal; entrance exam and interview
- Application process must be completed successfully online according to the instructions given (www.aud.ac.in)
- A hard copy of your research proposal (2000-3000 words) should be sent to the Ambedkar University, Delhi address "PhD in Women's and Gender Studies, 2018, Research Studies Committee, School of Human Studies, Ambedkar University, Delhi, Kashmere Gate Campus, Lothian Road, Delhi-110006"
- Apart from online submission, submit a hard copy of your research proposal and photocopy of the documents certifying the eligibility criteria, including NCT-non-NCT status, on or before the last date of submitting applications
- For information about the PhD Program in Women’s and Gender Studies, contact Dr. Rachna Chaudhary (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr. Shubhra Nagalia (email@example.com)
- Rs.1570 per credit for Course Work or Rs. 5950 per semester during Research/Dissertation plus Rs.500/- per semester for Student Welfare Fund plus Rs.5000/- as refundable Security Deposit
Ambedkar University Delhi, Delhi
Ambedkar University Delhi (AUD), (School of Development Studies), Ambedkar University Delhi, AUD Campus, Lothian Road, Kashmere Gate, Delhi-110006, Tel.: +91-11-23863740/43, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.aud.ac.in