Alagappa University Admission 2018 - Notification, Dates
Admission Notification 2018-19 for Entrance Test and non-Entrance Exam based Courses
Alagappa University admission 2018 - Applications are invited by Alagappa University, Karaikudi (Tamilnadu) for admissions through online/offline mode to the following Post Graduate/Graduate Programs offered in the University Departments and Constituent Colleges for the academic year 2018-19
Also See : Admission Notification
- Commencement for the Issue of Application: 12th April 2018
- Last Date for the Issue & Receipt of filled-in Application:
- For Entrance Programs: 03rd May 2018
- For Non-Entrance Programs: 28th June 2018
Entrance Test Date & Time
- MBA (all Programs): 12th May 2018 (10.00 to 12.00 noon)
- MCA: 12th May 2018 (02.00 pm to 04.00 pm)
- B.Ed.: 13th May 2018 (10.00 am to 12.00 noon)
- M.Sc. Biotechnology: 13th May 2018 (02.00 pm to 04.00 pm)
- M.Ed.: May 2018 (02.00 pm to 04.00 pm)
- The Entrance Test will be conducted at KARAIKUDI only
- Date of Interview/GD/Medical Test/Physical efficiency etc., if applicable will be intimated later
Through Entrance Test
- Specializations - Human Resource; Finance Management; Marketing Management; System Management; Production and Operation Management
- MBA (Hospital Management)
- M.B.A. (Banking and Insurance)
- M.B.A. (Banking and Finance)
- M.B.A. (International Business)
- M.B.A. (Corporate Secretary ship)
- M.B.A. (Project Management)
- M.B.A. (Hospital Management)
- M.B.A. (Human Resource Management)
- M.B.A. (Tourism)
- M.B.A. (Education Management)
- M.B.A. (Global Finance)
- M.B.A. (5 years integrated program)
- M.Sc, Chemistry
- M.Sc. Physics
- M.Sc. (Botany) with specialization in Plant Bio-Tec
- Logistics Management), MBA (Banking & Insurance), MBA (Corporate Secretaryship),
- MBA (International Business); M.Sc Biotechnology; MCA; M.Sc (Biotechnology), M.Ed (2 years), B.Ed (2 years) (Tamil/English/ Maths/Physics/ Chemistry/Botany/ Zoology/History/Commerce)
- M.Ed. (Special Education (Visual Impairment) - 2 years
- B.Ed.Special Education (Visual Impairment) - 1 year [Tamil /English /Maths/Physics /Chemistry /Botany Zoology /History/Commerce);
- M.P.Ed (2 years), B.P.Ed (2 years), D.P.Ed (2 years), MFA in Music (Vocal)*, MFA in Bharathanatyam*; M.Sc (Mathematics, Computer Science); MCA (Week End) (3 years); M.Sc Physics (Specialization in Biosensors); Chemistry
- M.Sc Chemistry (Specialization in Nano Science & Technology), M.Sc Chemistry (Specialization in Energy Science), M.Sc Energy Science M.Sc Nanoscience & Technology, M.Sc Bio-Electronics, M.Sc Oceanography & Coastal Area Studies**; M.Sc Applied Geology, Bioinformatics, Zoology, Botany, Microbiology; M.Com, M.A. Tamil, English, MSW (Social Work); MA Gender Studies, Economics; History; Journalism & Mass Communication; M.L.I.Sc (2 years)
- B.Voc Fashion Technology; Software Development; BFA in Music (Vocal)*; Bharathanatyam; B.Sc. (Catering Science and Hotel Management)
PG Diploma Programs (1 Year)
- Personnel Management and Industrial Relations; Human Resource Management; Business Management; Hospital Administration; Sport Management; Yoga; Gemmology; Adapted Physical Education and Sports; Big Data Analytics; Bioinformatics; Chemo Biosensors; Fashion Designing; Fitness Management; Guidance and Counselling; Hospital Management; Life Long Learning; Education Management
- Students should have passed in Higher Secondary (+2) any group or equivalent in relevant subjects from a recognized board/ university
- Participating candidates should be a graduated in related field from any recognized university or institute.
For MBA Program
- Candidate must have passed any degree with 10+2+3 pattern in the respective subjects.
For MCA Program
- Candidates must have passed first class degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Applied Sciences/Computer Science/Information Technology (or) B.Sc Degree in Physics/Chemistry/ Electronics with Mathematics as ancillary subject (or) BCA/B.Com/BBA/BE (or) any equivalent qualification.
For M.Com Program
- Candidates must have passed B.Com/BBM/BBA/ B.A Corporate Secretaryship, B.A Economics with accountancy as Ancillary.
- Candidates who have passed through 10+2+3+2/11+1+3+2/10+3+2+2 pattern alone can apply50 % of marks for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) / Person with Disability; or 55 % of marks for all Other Candidates
- M.Ed. (Education / Special Education) / M.A. Education is essential for Ph.D. in Education
- Applicants who are in the final year/semester of their Post Graduate Degree they can also apply for the Pre-Registration Qualifying Entrance Examination for Ph.D. Program.
- On the other hand the pass certificates will be published only on production of attested copy of Cumulative Mark Statement ensuring minimum eligible percentage of marks in Post Graduate Degree
- For more information about eligibility criteria, please visit their official website www.alagappauniversity.ac.inorfor see the prospectus
- For all MBA/MCA Programs: Selection will be based on the marks obtained in the entrance examinations, interviews and qualifying degree.
- For all other Programs: Selection will be based on basis of marks obtained in the qualifying degree.
- Candidates can obtain the application form from the website www.alagappauniversity.ac.in Candidates applying for more than one program will have to use separate application forms.
- Prospectus can be obtained from the Registrar, Alagappa University, Karaikudi-630003 on requisition along with a crossed Demand Draft drawn in favour of "The Registrar, Alagappa University" payable at Karaikudi by post or in person.
Cost of Application
- Entrance Programs: Rs.500/- (Rs.250/- for SC/ST applicants on submission of a copy of Community Certificate)
- Non-Entrance Programs: Rs.300/- (Rs.150/- for SC/ST applicants on submission of a copy of Community Certificate)
- All UG Programs: Rs.200/- (Rs.100/- for SC/ST applications on submission of a photocopy of Community Certificate)
- For further details, visit the website www.alagappauniversity.ac.in or contact number 04565-223100
Alagappa University, Karaikudi
(A State University Re-accredited with ‘A’ Grade by NAAC) Karaikudi-630003, Website www.alagappauniversity.ac.in