RRCAT Indore PhD Admission 2018 eligibility, application, dates
RRCAT Indore PhD Admission 2018 in Sciences
RRCAT Indore PhD Admission 2018 - Applications are invited by Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT), Indore for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Program in specialized areas of Physical, Chemical, Life and Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) Sciences for the academic year 2018
About Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT)
Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT), Indore, was founded in 1984 by the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) for pursuit of R&D in the areas of Accelerators, Lasers and related technologies
RRCAT is a Constituent Institute of the "Homi Bhabha National Institute" (HBNI), a Deemed University and invites students with appropriate qualifications to pursue PhD program in various specialized areas of Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences
Ph.D program consists of course work of one year duration and research work leading to Ph.D. thesis
- DAE Junior Research Fellowships will be offered to those selected for the pursuit of Ph.D
- The fellowship amount is Rs.25,000/- per month for the first two years and Rs.28,000/- per month for the subsequent years, subject to satisfactory yearly progress
Last date for online submission: 16th March 2018
Last date for online submission: 13th April 2018
Program will commence on: 01st August 2018
- For Physical Sciences: M.Sc. degree in Physics with a minimum of 60% overall marks, and must have qualified Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST-2018) and/or CSIR-UGC NET (December 2016 and June/December 2017: JRF, not lecturership).
- For Chemical Sciences: M.Sc. degree in Chemistry with a minimum of 60% overall marks, and must have qualified CSIR-UGC NET (December 2016 and June/December 2017: JRF, not lecturership)/ GATE (i.e., GATE-2016, GATE-2017 and GATE-2018).
- For Life Sciences: M.Sc. degree in Life Sciences/ Biotechnology with a minimum of 60% overall marks, and must have qualified CSIR-UGC NET (December 2016 and June/ December 2017: JRF, not lecturership)/ BET-2017/ GATE (i.e., GATE-2016, GATE-2017 and GATE-2018). Candidates having M.Sc. degree in Botany/ Agricultural Science background need not apply.
- For Engineering Sciences: Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent degree in Mechanical / Thermal/ Production / Mechatronics Engineering / Manufacturing/ Material Science, with First class or at least 60% marks or at least 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale and must have qualified GATE (i.e., GATE-2016, GATE-2017 and GATE-2018). The candidate must have Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/ Production/ Materials Engineering.
- Those applicants who are completing the qualifying degree in summer of 2018 can also apply, provided they have minimum of 60% overall marks in the completed semesters.
- If selected, the final degree mark sheet should be submitted by 1st November 2018. Continuation in the Ph.D. program will be subject to the candidate obtaining minimum 60% marks overall (converted to percentage as per the concerned university’s rules).
- 5 year integrated M.S. (of IISERs) will be treated at par with 5 year integrated M.Sc.
- Nationality: The applicant must be an Indian citizen
The selection of the students for the PhD program will be a two-step process:
- Screening of the applications, followed by
- Interview of the short-listed candidates by the selection committees at RRCAT, Indore
- For Physical Sciences, the screening will be done on the basis of applicant's score/rank in JEST and/or CSIR-UGC NET.
- For Chemical Sciences, the screening will be done on the basis of applicant's score/rank in CSIR-UGC NET and/or GATE.
- For Life Sciences, the screening will be done on the basis of applicant's score/rank in CSIR-UGC NET/ BET/ GATE.
- For Engineering Sciences, the screening will be done on the basis of applicant's score/rank in GATE.
- The short-listed candidates in Physical Sciences shall be called for interview to be conducted tentatively during 7th - 10th May & 18th - 21st June 2018 at RRCAT, Indore. The applicant must indicate the choice of their interview date in the application form, failing which they will have to appear for interview on one of the above dates assigned by RRCAT.
- The short-listed Chemical and Life Sciences candidates shall be called for interview to be conducted tentatively during 11th and 12th June 2018 at RRCAT, Indore.
- The short-listed Engineering Sciences candidates shall appear for written examination. The written examination will comprise objective (multiple) type questions. There will be negative marking for the written examination for incorrect answers. Candidates should come prepared to stay in Indore for the written test/interview for minimum two days. The written examination and interview will be conducted tentatively during 7th- 8th June 2018 at RRCAT, Indore.
- Candidates can fill the online application form on website www.rrcat.gov.in
For any queries kindly mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology
(Dept. of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India), RRCAT, Indore, P.O. CAT, Indore-452013, Email email@example.com, Website www.rrcat.gov.in
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India