PAU Ludhiana PhD Admission 2019 – Dates, Application
Punjab Agriculture University (PAU) Ludhiana announces PhD Admission 2019
PAU Ludhiana PhD Admissions 2019 – Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) offers admission to PhD Programs on All India Basis in the following disciplines for the academic session 2019-20.
Candidates can check the complete details of Punjab Agricultural University PhD Admission 2019 like application form, eligibility criteria, admit card and other information from this page given below
PhD Programs Disciplines
- PhD Programs on all India basis in the following disciplines – Agricultural, Meteorology, Agronomy, Biotechnology, Entomology, Extension Education, Food Technology, Horticulture (Floriculture and Landscaping), Horticulture (Full Science), Horticulture (Vegetable Science), Plant Breeding & Genetics, Plant Pathology, Soil Science, Energy Science & Technology, Farm Machinery & Power Engineering, Processing and Food Engineering, Soil and Water Engineering, Apparel & Textile Science, Family Resource Management, Food & Nutrition, Home Science Extension & Communication Management, Human Development, Agricultural Economics, Biochemistry, Botany, Business Administration, Chemistry, Microbiology, Sociology and Zoology
See: PHD Admission 2019
- Last Date for Receipt of Applications (without late fee): 16th October 2019
- Last Date for Receipt of Applications (with late fee of Rs.1000/-): 23rd October 2019
- PET-Agromet 07th November 2019
- PET-Agri 25th November 2019
- PET-Biotech 13th November 2019
- PET-EST 07th November 2019
- PET-AE 13th November 2019
- PET-Basic Sci 02nd December 2019
- PET-Home Sci 18th November 2019
Date of Counselling /Interview
- PET-Agromet 08th November 2019
- PET-Agri 26th November 2019
- PET-Biotech 14th November 2019
- PET-EST 08th November 2019
- PET-AE 14th November 2019
- PET-Basic Sci 03rd December 2019
- PET-Home Sci 19th November 2019
- The minimum qualifications for admission to PhD Program (other than in-service candidates and ICAR nominees) shall be an OCPA of 7.00 or 70% marks or equivalent at Master’s level and an OCPA of 5.50 or 55% marks or equivalent at Bachelor’s level as shown against respective discipline (s).
- The minimum qualifications for admission to PhD Program for in-service and ICAR candidates in the faculty of Agriculture in the above-mentioned disciplines shall be an OCPA of 6.50 or equivalent at the M.Sc. level and OCPA of 5.50 or an OGPA of 2.00 or equivalent at the Bachelor’s level. For the purpose of admission to PhD Program, an in-service candidate shall be an employee of PAU or Punjab Govt. or Union Territory of Chandigarh having at least five years- experience of Teaching/ Research/Extension out of which at least three years should be after obtaining M.Sc. degree on the last date of receipt of applications.
- Minimum percentage of marks required to be obtained in the Entrance Test to be called for Counselling/Interview are 20% (with negative marking) in MCQ & 20% in Subjective test individually
Basis of Admissions
- Performance in the Entrance Examination – 80% (60% MCQ + 20% subjective)
- Masters’ Research by Thesis & Quality of Thesis – 10%
- Interview – 10%
- The Entrance Tests will be conducted in all disciplines of Masters’/PhD Programs except for M. Tech. Remote Sensing & Geographic Information System, Diploma Course in Hybrid Seed Production Technology 1-year and Diploma in Agriculture 2-year, irrespective of the number of applicants whether they are less or equal to the number of available seats.
- PhD students will be sent to other universities/institutes from various departments for their 1st semester. The candidates will be informed about the name of other university / institute and the date of their registration at the time of counselling
- Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) will release admit card for PET Exam.
- Candidates can download their admit card according to the schedule through the direct link provided below by entering their “Date of Birth” & “Student UID or Prospectus No”.
- The question booklet will have two parts: Part-A and Part-B to be attempted in 3 hours. Weightage for Part-A and Part-B will be 60% and 20%, respectively.
- Part-A will carry 150 multiple choice questions (MCQs) to be attempted on the OMR sheet. Each correct answer will carry one mark whereas 1/4 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Part-B will contain two subjective type questions to be attempted in the space provided along with the questions in the question booklet.
- Minimum 20% marks are required in the Entrance Test to be called for Counselling / Interview in Part-A and Part-B, individually.
- Merit list will be prepared on the basis of:
- Performance in the Entrance Examination 80% (60% MCQ + 20% subjective)
- Master’s Research by Thesis & Quality of Thesis 10%
- Interview 10%
- Candidates qualifying All India Competitive Exam AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS) conducted by ICAR 25%. Nominees from foreign countries (against additional seats)
- The admission to PhD Program shall be on All-India basis.
- The in-service candidates from PAU or sponsored by other Institutes are not required to appear in the entrance test for admission to PhD Program and their candidature in general category will not be considered. 20% seats (minimum one seat in each discipline shall be reserved) for in-service candidates of PAU on the basis of their seniority and the in-service candidates other than from PAU will be admitted against additional seats (only the senior most in-service candidates of a particular discipline will be considered for admission to PhD Program as an in-service candidate
- In PhD Program, 25% seats (subject wise) for SC/ST and 5% seats (college wise) for BC candidates shall be reserved.
- The reservation in PhD Programs for BC category shall be college wise with maximum of one seat in one discipline by creating additional seat, if needed.
- Online Mode – Applicants have to pay Rs.5320/- for each Entrance Test that includes the cost of downloaded application form / Prospectus.
- A valid unique Email ID is necessary for uploading each application form.
- Offline Mode – Applicants have to pay Rs.3820/- for each Entrance Test (Rs.500/- for additional option in MET-Agri.& MET-Home Science) in addition to cost of the Prospectus (Rs.2120/- at the Counter or Rs.2260/-by Post).
- Candidates can apply online / offline for the PhD Admission 2019 at University website. The direct link to fill the application form was also given here as per scheduled date.
- The application form for PAU PhD Admission 2018 will be available at www.pau.edu
- A clear and recent passport size colour photograph with size up to 50 KB in JPG/JPEG format and scanned copy of signature (black/blue) with size up to 50 KB are required for uploading while filling online application form.
- After filling the application form, the candidate is required to click the ‘SUBMIT’ button. After completing the application form, the candidate is required to click the ‘SUBMIT’ button. A verification link will be sent to the candidate’s E-mail ID. Candidate has to click on the verification link to complete submission process of the application.
- After verification, the candidate has to login using his E-mail ID and Date of Birth in order to download & print the application form and pay application fees. In order to pay fees, the candidate will be provided two modes (a) Online payment (credit card/debit card / net banking) (b) Challan mode.
- No further correspondence will be entertained with respect to the receipt of application forms, etc.
- PAU, Ludhiana, Additional Director of Communication, Centre for Communication and International Linkages, PAU Ludhiana, Tel.: 0161-2401960-79, Email: email@example.com, Website www.pau.edu
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India