PDPU PhD Program Admission 2021 Dates, Eligibility, Application form
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University announces Admission to PhD Program 2021 (June Session)
PDPU PhD Admission 2021 - Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU) has invited applications from the eligible candidates for Admission to PhD Programs for the academic session 2021.
Check out the post below for more details on PDPU PhD Admission 2021
- Mechanical Engineering; Design Engineering; Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering; Industrial Management; Entrepreneurship; Chemical Engineering; Civil Engineering; Sciences; Chemistry; Mathematics; Computer Science and Engineering; Information & Communication Technology;
PDPU PhD Admission 2021Important Dates
- Last Date for submission of the application in the prescribed form 31st May 2021
- List of candidates for selection procedure on the University website: To be declared
- Discipline wise proficiency – evaluation: To be declared
- Announcement of the list of candidates offered the admission: To be declared
- Last Date for paying fees: To be declared
- Induction programme for admitted candidates: To be declared
Eligibility Criteria for PDPU PhD Admission 2021
- A student seeking admission to PhD Program of the University is required to have minimum educational qualification as mentioned hereunder. Each of the Master Degrees referred therein is to be on the basis of a minimum two year program.
- For research in an area of Engg./Technology: M. Tech. /M. E. or its equivalent as recognized by UGC /AICTE in appropriate areas.
- For Research in an interdisciplinary areas like Petroleum Engg., Solar Engg., Nuclear Engg., and Environmental study: M. Tech./M.E./M.Sc./M.Sc.(Tech.) or its equivalent as recognized by UGC/AICTE in appropriate area.
- For research in an area of Sciences: M. Sc. degree or its equivalent as recognized by UGC in appropriate areas.
- For research in an area of Management: M.B.A./M. Tech./M.E./A.C.A./A.I.C.W.A./A.C.S. level or its equivalent as recognized by UGC/AICTE in appropriate areas.
- For research in an area related to Liberal Studies: Master’s degree or its equivalent as recognized by UGC in appropriate areas.
- Master’s or a professional degree equivalent to it by the corresponding statutory regulatory body with 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in UGC 7 point scale, (or an equivalent grade in a different point scale)
- Relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/differently-abled candidates
PDPU PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Candidates may apply by sending the duly filled in Application form available on the official website of the University i.e. www.pdpu.ac.in
- The application fee can be paid via a demand draft drawn in favour of Director General, Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar-382007
- For prescribed application form and more information on sub-areas under each discipline, etc., please visit the website www.pdpu.ac.in
Selection will be a two stage process:
1. Written Test
- Written Aptitude Test shall consist of 50% weightage on research methodology and 50% weightage on subject specific questions. As a part of this, the question paper on Research Methodology will be of 50 marks, each question will carry one mark. Subject wise Entrance Test will be conducted, which consists of 100 questions, each carrying 1 mark.
- Only such candidates who qualify the entrance exam with 50 marks will be eligible to appear at the personal interview/viva-voce.
2. Personal Interview (PI)
- Candidates shortlisted on the basis of the Entrance Test as mentioned above will be required to appear for PI wherein the candidates have to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a duly constituted Committee.
The PI shall consider the following aspects, viz.:
- Research objectives, Literature Survey, Methodology, Expected results, List of papers referred, & also industry tie up if any.
- Research Methodology aspects for preparing Doctoral Proposal.
- The candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research.
- Whether the research work can be suitably undertaken at the University.
- Contribution to new/additional knowledge out of the proposed research.
- Competence for the proposed research.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India