Pandit Deendayal Energy University announces Admission to PhD Program 2022, Apply now
PDEU PhD Admission 2022 – Pandit Deendayal Energy University formerly Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandinagar has invited applications from the eligible candidates for Admission to PhD Programs for the academic session 2022.
Check out the post below for more details on PDEU PhD Admission 2022.
Research Areas in the disciplines of
- Engineering | Sciences | Humanities & Social Sciences | Management*
Categories of PhD Students
- The University admits students for PhD program under the following categories:
- Regular PhD (Full-time)
- Sponsored Students (Full time)
- Project Staff (Part time)
- Locally & Professionally Employed Personnel (Part time)
- Sponsored Students (External Registration) (Part time)
PDEU PhD Admission Dates 2022
- Last date for Online Application : 18th February 2022
- Written Aptitude Test : To be declared
- Discipline wise proficiency – evaluation : To be declared
PDEU PhD Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022
- A student seeking an admission to Ph. D. Programme of the University is required to have minimum educational qualification as mentioned hereunder. Each of the Master Degrees referred therein is to be on the basis of a minimum two year programme.
- Master’s or a professional degree equivalent to it by the corresponding statutory regulatory body with 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in UGC 7 point scale
- For research in Engineering / Technology : M. Tech. / M. E. / M. Sc. (Tech.) or its equivalent along with Four Year Graduation as recognized by UGC / AICTE in appropriate areas.
- For research in Sciences : M. Sc. degree or its equivalent as recognized by UGC in appropriate areas.
- For research in Management : M. B. A. / M. Tech. / M. E. / A. C. A. / A. I. C. W. A. / A. C. S. level or its equivalent as recognized by UGC / AICTE in appropriate areas.
- For research related to Liberal Studies : Master’s Degree or its equivalent as recognized by UGC in appropriate areas.
PDEU PhD Admission Application Process 2022
- Candidates Visit – https://www.pdpu.ac.in/admissions-doctoral.html for online registration
- For prescribed application form and more information on sub-areas under each discipline, etc., please visit the website www.pdpu.ac.in
- Application Fee: Rs.700/- (Non Refundable).
- Mode of Payment : Through online mode
- Selection will be a two stage process:
- Written Aptitude Test shall consist of 50% weightage on research methodology and 50% weightage on subject specific questions. As a part of this, the question paper on Research Methodology will be of 50 marks, each question will carry one mark. Subject wise Entrance Test will be conducted, which consists of 100 questions, each carrying 1 mark.
- Only such candidates who qualify the entrance exam with 50 marks will be eligible to appear at the personal interview/viva-voce.
Personal Interview (PI)
- Candidates shortlisted on the basis of the Entrance Test as mentioned above will be required to appear for PI wherein the candidates have to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a duly constituted Committee.
The PI shall consider the following aspects, viz.:
- Research objectives, Literature Survey, Methodology, Expected results, List of papers referred, & also industry tie up if any.
- Research Methodology aspects for preparing Doctoral Proposal.
- The candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research.
- Whether the research work can be suitably undertaken at the University.
- Contribution to new/additional knowledge out of the proposed research.
- Competence for the proposed research.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website