National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration (NIEPA) announces Admission Integrated M.Phil.-Ph.D. and PhD Programs 2021-22
NIEPA M.Phil and PhD Admission 2021 – The National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration (NIEPA), Deemed to be University fully funded by the Ministry of Human Resource Development invites applications from eligible candidates for admission to its Integrated M.Phil.-Ph.D, Ph.D (Full-time and Part-time) Programs for the academic year 2021-22.
Application can be submitted in a prescribed format till May 15, 2021. Read ahead for more details on NIEPA New Delhi Integrated M.Phil.-Ph.D, Ph.D (Full-time) and Ph.D (Part-time) Programs.
- NIEPA offers Integrated M.Phil – Ph.D, Ph.D (Full-time) and Ph.D. (Part-time) programs in Educational Policy, Planning and Administration from a broader interdisciplinary social science perspective.
(i) Integrated M.Phil.-Ph.D. Program
(ii) Ph.D. (Full-time) Program
(iii) Ph. D. (Part-time) Program
- All candidates selected for the integrated M.Phil- Ph.D and Ph.D (Full-time) shall be offered NIEPA fellowship. NET qualified candidates, who have been awarded Junior Research Fellowship by the UGC and who fulfil the required qualifications, are encouraged to apply for UGC fellowship
- However, part-time Ph.D. candidates are not given any fellowship.
NIEPA M.Phil & PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Last Date for submission of Application: 15th May 2021
- Written Test: 19th June 2021
- Personal interview: 21st & 22nd June 2021
- Declaration of final results: 25th June 2021
- Last date for admission: 09th July 2021
- Commencement of M.Phil- PhD Session/Course work: 12th July 2021
Eligibility Criteria for NIEPA M.Phil & PhD Admission 2021
Integrated M.Phil – PhD Program
- Candidates seeking admission to the integrated M.Phil- Ph. D programme shall have a minimum of 55% marks (50% for SC/ST candidates, OBC and pWD or its equivalent grade in Master’s degree in social science and allied disciplines from a recognized university. Candidates possessing Master’s degree in other areas may also be considered if he/she has teaching experience or experience of working in the area of educational policy, planning and administration.
- The NET qualified candidates, who have been awarded Junior Research Fellowship by the UGC with the above mentioned educational qualification are also encouraged to apply
PhD (Full-time) Program
- A candidate seeking admission to Ph.D. (full-time) programme should meet the eligibility criteria as mentioned in Para (a) & (b) above.
- A Candidate shall have an M.Phil. Degree in an area closely related to Educational Planning and Administration and/or exceptionally brilliant academic record coupled with publications of high quality.
- M.Phil. Graduates will be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. Programme after due scrutiny by the Admission Committee, if they obtain a FGPA of 5 or above on the ten point scale.
- A candidate seeking admission to Part-time Ph.D. programme is required to meet the following criteria: (i) Should meet the eligibility criteria as mentioned in Para 3.1 (a & b) above; (ii) Currently, should be in full-time employment;(iii) Should be a senior level educational functionary with a minimum of five years’ work experience in teaching/research in educational policy, planning and administration.
- Note: It will be compulsory to attend one-year full-time course work by all part-time and full time scholars.
NIEPA M.Phil & PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Candidates should apply online in the prescribed Google form for admission to M.Phil and Ph.D programmes of the Institute
- A print of the filled in Google form should be sent along with the required documents (according to the list given in the prospectus) and three copies of the brief write-up (in the prescribed format) on the proposed research topic of a contemporary issue within the broad framework of Educational Policy, Planning and Administration. For further details, please refer to M.Phil-Ph.D Prospectus, 2021-22 of the Institute.
- Application should reach the Registrar, NIEPA, 17-B, Sri Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi-110016 on or before 15th May, 2021
- A non-refundable sum of Rs. 400/-(Rs. 200/- for SC/ST and EWS candidates) through online payment as application fee is mandatory for seeking admission for the above programme
- The hard copy of Prospectus can be obtained from NIEPA, if required after filling the Google form.
- Initial short-listing of applications will be carried out on the basis of Eligibility criteria mentioned above. Short-listed candidates will be required to appear for a written test and those qualifying in the written test will be subjected to personal interview to assess their potential leading to a final list of selected candidates, in order of merit.
- NIEPA will follow all mandatory provisions in the reservation policy of the Government of India. Admissions to Integrated M.Phil- Ph.D , Ph.D (Full Time) and Ph.D (Part-time) programs will be made purely on the basis of merit following the prescribed criteria of the Institute.
- The Institute reserves the right to decide the number of seats to be filled in the year 2021-22, the criteria for screening of applications; and the selection procedure of candidates for admission to its M.Phil and Ph.D programs.
- Candidates possessing the eligibility qualifications must submit a statement of marks at the time of written test on 19th June 2021.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website