NMIHACM MA and PhD Program Admission 2019
National Museum Institute New Delhi Admission Notice for M.A. and PhD Program 2019‐20
NMIHACM MA and PhD Admission 2019 - National Museum Institute of the History of Art, Conservation and Museology invites applications in prescribed form from eligible candidates for admission to M.A. and Ph.D. Courses for academic session 2019‐20 starting from July/August 2019.
See: PHD Admission
NMIHACM, New Delhi
- National Museum Institute of History of Art, Conservation & Museology (NMIHACM) is Deemed to be a University under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, located in the National Museum premises, Janpath, New Delhi.
- The Institute offers courses in (a) History of Art, (b) Conservation and (c) Museology, for award of M.A. and Ph.D. Degree.
NMIHACM MA and PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date for submission of application form: 16th July 2019 upto 05:00 PM
No. of seats:
- M.A. (History of Art): 25 (Twenty‐five)
- M.A. (Conservation): 15 (Fifteen)
- M.A. (Museology): 15 (Fifteen)
- Ph.D. (History of Art): 05 (Five)
- Ph.D. (Conservation): 03 (Three)
- Ph.D. (Museology): 04 (Four)
(Reservation of seats and relaxations applicable as per Government of India rules)
See: MA Admission
Eligibility Criteria for NMIHACM MA and PhD Admission 2019
For M.A. Courses:
M.A. (History of Art):
- A Graduate Degree from a recognized University. Good academic record with minimum 50% marks or equivalent grade at the graduate level.
- Desirable: A background in Social Sciences, Liberal Arts or Fine Arts.
- A graduate degree from a recognised university in any of the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Geology, Biology, Biotechnology, Microbiology or Visual/Fine Arts or Architecture, Engineering and Technology with minimum 50% marks; Or
- A graduate degree from a recognised university in any of the following subjects: History, Geography, Anthropology, Archaeology or related disciplines with minimum 50% marks and 10+2 / Senior Secondary / Intermediate level education in science stream.
- A graduate degree from a recognised university in any of the following subjects: Arts, Science, Social Science and Humanities with minimum 50% marks.
- Desirable: A Background/PG Diploma in subjects related to History of Art and Museum studies.
- Knowledge of one Classical / Foreign language such as Sanskrit, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Persian, Arabic, Greek, Latin, German, French, Italian other than mother tongue will be an additional qualification for the purpose of M.A. courses.
For Ph.D. Courses:
- Ph.D. (History of Art): Any Person holding a Master Degree with minimum 55% marks in M.A. History of Art / History / Archaeology / Anthropology / Aesthetics or its equivalent from a recognized University / Institute.
- Ph.D. (Conservation): Any Person holding a Master Degree with minimum 55% marks in M.A. Conservation or Master Degree in Chemistry / Physics / Life Sciences / Museology / Architecture or its equivalent from a recognized University / Institute.
- Ph.D. (Museology): Any Person holding a Master Degree with minimum 55% marks in Museology or Master Degree in History / Ancient Indian History and Archaeology or its equivalent from a recognized University / Institute.
Eligibility for In‐Service Personnel
- In service personnel working with Central Government/ State Government/ Autonomous organization/ Universities funded by Central or State Government / NGOs (in that order) with at least 5 years regular service, having the above required qualifications, will also be eligible to apply.
- A written test of one‐hour duration followed by interaction.
- The last date for submission of prescribed application form is one month from the date of publication of this notice (last date is 16‐07‐2019 upto 05:00 PM).
- The list of shortlisted candidates and the date of written examination and interaction will be notified on the website separately.
NMIHACM MA and PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Applications in prescribed form to be downloaded from the Institute's website www.nmi.gov.in
- All candidates belonging to the SC, ST, OBC categories must enclose self‐attested photocopies of caste certificate/special category certificate, which should be in proper format, and which should be signed by the appropriate authority.
- Application form for admission duly supported by self‐attested copies of testimonials (age proof and educational qualifications) may be submitted/sent to Assistant Registrar, National Museum Institute, 1st floor, National Museum, Janpath, New Delhi – 110011 positively by the last date.
- Applications received after the last date will not be considered for shortlisting.
- Before filling and submitting application form, candidates are advised to carefully read the eligibility conditions for admission to M.A. and Ph.D. programme and satisfy themselves that they fulfil all the minimum eligibility condition.
- The form should be filled up neatly and clearly in all respects. Candidates should write their name, address, pin code, telephone number with STD code, mobile number and e‐mail id clearly in capital letters. Incomplete application forms are liable to be rejected.
- No Fee is payable at the time of submission of the application forms.
NMI, New Delhi
National Museum Institute of History of Art, Conservation and Museology (Deemed to be University under Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India), National Museum Campus, Janpath, New Delhi- 110011, Phone No. 011-23012106, 23792249, 23062795, Website: www.nmi.gov.in
Admission Open for 2020
- UPES Dehradun 2020 Admissions all Courses - Apply Now!
- Lovely Professional University Admissions 2020 open for all Courses - Apply Now!
- Chandigarh University, Punjab Admissions Open for All Courses 2020 - Apply Now!