NIFT PhD Admission 2018 Notification released by NIFT, Delhi
Admission to Full Time & Part Time PhD-2018 (Winter)
National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology (NIFFT), Ranchi, invites applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Full Time [Department: Forge Technology, Foundry Technology, Manufacturing Engineering, Department of Applied Science & Humanities, Metallurgical and Material Engineering] Program for the year 2018
NIFT Delhi PhD Admission 2018 - Notification Released
Area of Research/Specializations offered by NIFT 2018 for PhD Admissions
- Forge Technology: Forging Technology, Forging Die design, Forging Process Modeling & Simulation, Special forging process like multi-directional forging, Powder forging, Isothermal forging
- Foundry Technology: Solidification, Casting Design, Casting Simulation, Tooling Design, Advanced foundry Technology
- Manufacturing Engineering: Coordinate, form and surface Metrology, Computer aided design, Manufacture and inspection of Freeform surfaces, Numerical & Experimental analysis of fracture growth/delamination in composite/laser-based surface, Reliability Eng., Mechanical systems reliability
- Applied Science & Humanities: Nano Technology, Thin film Technology, Semiconductor Materials, Solid state physics, Corrosion Technology, Air Pollution, Water/Wastewater Treatment, Water Resource Engineering, Power System, Magnetic & Ceramic Materials
- Metallurgical & Material Engineering: Mechanical metallurgy, Physical metallurgy, Nano composite, Surface engineering, Ceramic Eng., Corrosion Science Eng., Extractive Metallurgy
- NIFT Delhi offers PhD in the areas of Design, Management and Technology as Applied with broad reference to Textiles, Fashion, Lifestyle and Apparel Sectors of the Industry
- The Program is designed for the purpose of carrying out research in textiles, fashion and the apparel sector to create a body of original knowledge for the use of academia, industry, policy makers and other stakeholders
Also See : Phd Admissions 2019
NIFT PhD 2018 (PhD Admissions in NIFT) - Eligibility Criteria
- ME/M. Tech its equivalent from a recognized Institute/University in Mechanical Eng. Metallurgy & Materials Eng., Production Eng., Manufacturing Eng., Foundry-Forge Technol., Material Science and Eng., Civil Engineering, Chemical Eng., Environmental Eng., Electrical Eng., Nano Technology, and allied disciplines with at least 6.5 CGPA (or 60% marks) in aggregate
- M.Sc. in Physics/Chemistry/Environmental Science or equivalent from recognized institution or University at least 6.5 CGPA (or 60% marks in aggregate)
- BE/B.Tech or its equivalent from a recognized Institute/University in Metallurgy & Materials Engineering, Production Eng., Mechanical Eng., Manufacturing Eng., Chemical Eng., Civil Eng., Environmental Engineering and allied disciplines with at least 7.5 CGPA (or 70% marks) in aggregate
- Few Seats are available for Part time Research Scholars from academic Institute/R&D Organization/Industry, without Scholarship.
- NOTE: To be eligible for Institute Scholarship, a valid GATE score/NET qualification is mandatory for candidates not possessing ME/M. Tech degree. Mathematics should be compulsory at B.Sc. level.
Scholarship Details for NIFT PhD Admissions 2018
- Rs.25000/- per month for the 1st two years and Rs.28000/- per month for the 3rd and 4th year for candidates admitted with Institute Scholarship. However, scholarship may be enhanced as per MHRD norms.
- No scholarship for sponsored candidates
Also See : Admission Notifications 2019
NIFT Delhi PhD Admissions - Selection Process
- Written test/interview will be held at NIFFT, Hatia, Ranchi on 26th - 27th November 2018, No postal communication will be sent in this regard.
- Reservation as per Govt. of India rules for admission
Phd Admission Application Form by NIFT Delhi
- The Application Forms & Information Brochure can be obtained by sending requisite application fee, in the form of Demand Draft drawn on any Nationalized Bank in favor of National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology (NIFFT) payable at Ranchi along with a self-addressed, stamped (Rs.40) envelope of 28x16 cm size, to the Dean (R&C)
- The application forms and information brochure can also be obtained in person from the academic section of the institute by producing DD towards application fee. Alternatively, the application form and information brochure can be downloaded from the Institute Website (www.nifft.ac.in) also
- Rs.1000/- for General/OBC and Rs.500/- for SC/ST
- Filled in application with all supporting document may be sent to Dean (Academic) NIFFT, Hatia Ranchi-834003
- Issue of PhD Application Form: 01st October 2018 to 30th October 2018
- Last Date for Receipt of Completed Application Form: 31st October 2018
- Written Test/Interview will be held at NIFFT, Hatia, Ranchi on 26th - 27th November 2018
NIFT New Delhi
(Ministry of Textiles, Govt. of India), NIFT Campus, Hauz Khas, New Delhi-110016, Tel.: 011-26542209, Website www.nift.ac.in
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India