NIPGR Delhi PhD in Plant Biology Admissions 2018- Application, dates
National Institute of Plant Genome Research (NIPGR) Delhi PhD Admission 2018
NIPGR Delhi PhD in Plant Biology Admissions 2018- NIPGR Delhi invites applications for admissions to PhD Program 2018-19 for conducting advanced research in the frontier areas of Plant Biology.
National Institute of Plant Genome Research (NIPGR), is an Autonomous Research Institution, funded by Dept. of Biotechnology, Govt. of India, and conducts basic and applied research in the frontier areas of plant biology.
Also See : Admission Notification
- Start date for Online submission of Applications Form begins 10th April 2018 at 10.00 a.m. onwards
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application Form: 15th May 2018 (till 05.30 p.m.)
- Last Date of Receipt of Printed Copy of Application Form alongwith requisite Document & Fee Receipt: 8th May 2018 on or before 05.30 p.m.
- Date of Entrance Test: 02nd July 2018
- Date of Interview/viva-voce: 03rd July 2018
Intake of Students
- General - 14
- OBC - 06
- SC - 03
- ST - 01
- Total - 24
- Candidates who have completed or will be completing M.Sc or equivalent degree (by 31st August 2018) in Life Sciences and/or in related disciplines with minimum 55% marks, and have cleared the CSIR-UGC-NET Exam/DBT-JRF (selected through BET/BINC)/ICMR NET Exam for JRF (with a Junior Research Fellowship valid at-least upto 31st December 2018), for conducting advanced research in the frontier areas of Plant Biology such as, Computational Biology, Genome Analysis & Molecular Mapping, Molecular Mechanism of Abiotic Stress Responses, Nutritional Genomics, Plant Development and Architecture, Plant Immunity, Transgenics for Crop improvement, Molecular Breeding and other emerging areas based on plant genomics
- The selection will be made on the basis of interview only
- The selected candidates will be enrolled for PhD Program in academic affiliation with the Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. NIPGR will provide hostel accommodation to selected candidates
- Reservations are as per statutory norms
- Candidates should submit the Application Form online (in the prescribed format) and to take a printout of the same and send it by Speed Post/Registered Post to the address given below along with requisite documents and application fee in the form of DD so as to reach on or before 18th May 2018 by 05.30 pm. The Application Fee is not refundable.
- The online link for application is available at https://nipgr.ac.in. It may further be ensured that:
- Each page of the downloaded printed application should be signed by the candidate
- The printed application must be accompanied with application fee in the form of a crossed Demand Draft for Rs.300/- in favor of "Director, National Institute of Plant Genome Research", payable at New Delhi (DD of Rs.100/- is acceptable from SC/ST candidates provided relevant documentary proof is enclosed)
- Completed application along with enclosures and Demand Draft should be sent to "The Director, National Institute of Plant Genome Research, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, Post Box No.10531, New Delhi-110 067" so as to reach on or before 18th May 2018
- NIPGR will not provide any travel expenses to candidates appearing for Entrance Examination and interview/viva-voce
- Applications must enclose documentary evidence for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) if applicable, along with other specified enclosures
NIPGR New Delhi
(An Autonomous Institution of the Dept. of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India), Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi-110067, Website www.nipgr.res.in