NIPGR Delhi PhD in Plant Biology Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application
National Institute of Plant Genome Research (NIPGR) Delhi announces PhD Admission 2019
NIPGR Delhi PhD in Plant Biology Admission 2019- National Institute of Plant Genome Research (NIPGR) Delhi invites applications for admissions to PhD Program 2019-20 for conducting advanced research in the frontier areas of Plant Biology.
National Institute of Plant Genome Research (NIPGR), is an Autonomous Research Institution, funded by Dept. of Biotechnology, Govt. of India, and conducts basic and applied research in the frontier areas of plant biology.
Also See : Phd Admission
NIPGR PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Start date for online submission of Applications Form begins 22th April 2019 at 10.00 a.m. onwards
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application Form: 28th May 2018 (till 05.30 p.m.)
- Last Date of Receipt of Printed Copy of Application Form along with requisite Document & Fee Receipt: 29th May 2018 on or before 05.30 p.m.
- Date of Entrance Test: 1st July 2019
- Date of Interview/viva-voce: 2nd July 2019
Also See : Admission Notification
Intake of Students
- General - 15
- OBC - 06
- SC - 03
- ST - 01
- Total â€“ 25
Also See : Phd in Biology Admission
Eligibility Criteria for NIPGR PhD Admission 2019
- Candidates who have completed or will be completing M.Sc or equivalent degree (by 31st August 2019) in Life Sciences and/or in related disciplines with minimum 55% marks( a relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade, will be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled and other categories of candidates, or for those who had obtained their Master's degree prior to 19th September, 1991], and have cleared the CSIR-UGC-NET Exam/DBT-JRF (selected through BET/BINC)/ICMR NET Exam for JRF (with a Junior Research Fellowship valid at-least upto 31st December 2019), for conducting advanced research in the frontier areas of Plant Biology such as, Computational Biology, Genome Analysis & Molecular Mapping, Molecular Mechanism of Abiotic Stress Responses, Nutritional Genomics, Plant Development and Architecture, Plant Immunity, Transgenics for Crop improvement, Molecular Breeding and other emerging areas based on plant genomics
- The Admission to the Ph.D. program is through two stage process consisting of Entrance Test and Interview/Viva-Voce. The eligible candidates who have secured the minimum qualifying marks in the entrance examination will be shortlisted for interview/viva-voce.
- Reservations are as per statutory norms
- Candidates should submit the Application Form online
- Candidates should register first and then follow steps for filling Online Application Form. The application fee is 300/- ( 100/- for SC/ST candidates provided relevant documentary proof is enclosed with the Application Form).
- The admission Form is to be filled and submitted ONLINE ONLY along with required documents uploaded in the given format and an online payment through SBI Collect.
- Photograph (less than 50 KB)
- Signature (less than 50 KB)
- Age Proof. (less than 100 KB)
- Relevant Educational Qualifications (less than 100 KB)
- Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC. (less than 100 KB)
- Fellowship Award Letter/Admit Card (less than 100 KB)
- Payment Confirmation Slip Fee receipt (less than 100 KB)
- No hard copies will be accepted.
NIPGR New Delhi
(An Autonomous Institution of the Dept. of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India), Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi-110067, Website www.nipgr.res.in
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India