National Institute of Technology (NIT) Warangal announces Admission to PhD Program for July 2021 session
NIT Warangal PhD Admission 2021 – National Institute of Technology (NIT) Warangal invites application for admission to the PhD programs in full-time (FT) and part-time (PT) modes offered in the various Departments of the Institute for the academic session beginning in July 2021.
Read further for more details on NIT Warangal PhD Admission 2021 and apply for the same till July 17, 2021 through online mode.
PhD Program Offered
The Ph.D. Programs, in Full-time (FT) and Part-time (PT) modes, are offered in the following Departments:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Management
NIT Warangal PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Announcement of inviting Applications :- 28th June 2021
- Last date to receive applications :- 17th July 2021
- Announcement of candidates called for Written Test/Interview :- 5th August 2021
- Dates of Written Test/Interview :- 10th to 13th August 2021
- Announcement of selected candidates :- 20th August 2021
- Dates for Reporting of selected candidates for Ph.D. admission :- 26th – 27th August 2021
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Warangal PhD Admission 2021
- First class with 60% aggregate or 6.5 CGPA at both UG and PG for OP/OBC/EWS category and minimum 55% aggregate marks or 6.0 CGPA for candidates under SC/ST/PWD category.
- Engineering Departments: Master’s/M.S. (by Research) degree in Engineering / Technology in the appropriate branch of study.
- All candidates must have qualified in GATE (not a compulsion for part-time scholars). OR
- Bachelor’s in Engineering / Technology with valid GATE score and at least CGPA of 8.0/10 or 75% of marks under OP/OBC category and at least CGPA of 7.5/10 or 70% for candidates under SC/ST category.
- Science Departments: Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of Science (Mathematics/ Physics/ Chemistry)/B.Tech or equivalent degree/ M.Tech or equivalent degree.
- All candidates must have qualified in GATE/UGC/CSIR/INSPIRE/NET (not a compulsion for part time scholars).
- Humanities: Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of English.
- All candidates must have qualified in GATE/UGC/CSIR/INSPIRE/NET (not a compulsion for part-time scholars)
- School of Management: Master’s degree in Business Administration.
- All candidates must have qualified in CAT/GATE/UGC NET (not a compulsion for part time scholars).
- As per AICTE/UGC norms, students of category (a) must have passed GATE/UGC/CSIR exam / DAE-JEST. In case of students with M.Sc./M.Sc. (Tech)/MBA/MA qualification, GATE / UGC – CSIR NET/INSPIRE qualification is necessary.
NIT Warangal PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Application form is to be submitted online which is available at https://admissions.nitw.ac.in/
- All the necessary documents are to be uploaded online.
- The link to pay registration fee available on the website:
- Other payments like mobile payments (IMPS), NEFT, RTGS and direct transfer will not be accepted. If paid by any chance, it will not be refunded. Do not use mobile applications to make the payment.
- For OP/EWS/OBC Candidates : Rs.1600/-
- For SC /ST /PWD Candidates : Rs.800/-
- Mode of Payment : Through online mode
- Selection will be based on Interview.
- The candidates selected for admission into Ph.D under Full-Time program are eligible to receive institute fellowship as per MHRD rules.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website