NIPCCD Advanced Diploma in Child Guidance and Counseling Admission 2018
Advance Diploma in Child Guidance and Counseling course Admission Notice 2018-19
NIPCCD Advance Diploma Admission 2018 in Child Guidance - The National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development (NIPCCD), Delhi announces its Fourteenth course on Advanced Diploma in Child Guidance and Counselling for the academic year 2018-19
About the Course
- The course is under affiliation with Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi and the Institute is also in process of getting recognition from Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI)
- Advanced Diploma in Child Guidance and Counselling has been designed to bridge the gap of availability of trained professionals for undertaking counselling and guidance of children and families in different settings
- The course has been designed with a Developmental, Ecological and Rights Perspective to enable the learner to function effectively as a mental health professional with updated understanding of theoretical constructs, and the requisite skills
Also See : Admission Notification
- Last date for submitting of application form is 26th June 2018
- Written Test, Group Discussion and the Interviews will be held from: 9th - 13th July 2018
- The Advanced Diploma is a regular, one year programme including 2 months of internship
Medium of Instruction
- The transaction of the programme and medium of examination would be English. It is also expected that the learner would submit the assignments and fieldwork reports in English.
Admission is open to both males and females who fulfill the following criteria:
- Master’s degree in Social Work or Psychology or Child Development or Community Resource Management or Development Communication Extension or Nursing or Special Education from a recognized university. OR
- M.Ed OR
- Graduate in Social Work, Psychology, Child Development, Community Resource Management or Development Communication Extension or Nursing or Special Education from recognized university with minimum five years of experience of working with children; or
- B.Ed from recognized university with minimum of four years of experience of working with children
- The candidates applying for admission should be proficient in English
Seats and Reservations
- In view of the intensive nature of the programme and limited facilities for fieldwork, only 20 students will be admitted
- The reservation of the seats for SC/ST/OBC would be 15%, 7.5% and 27% respectively
- Further, there would be 3% horizontal reservation for physically handicapped
- In addition there is an in-service quota of 10% for Sponsored Candidates from Schools, Child Development and Welfare Departments, Central and State Govt and NGO is working in the field of Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- The candidates, however, must fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria for the course
- They need not undergo the entrance examination
- The candidates seeking admission under this category shall have a minimum of 2 years of full time work experience as on 30th April, 2018 in the organization sponsoring him/her for admission
- A letter from employer must be furnished stating that the candidate is being sponsored to seek admission in Advanced Diploma in Child Guidance and Counselling
- General 12; SC 03;ST 01; PwD 01; Defence 01; sponsored candidates 02; Total seats 20
- An annual fee of Rs 68,000/- (Rs Sixty eight thousand only) would be charged for the entire course including examination fees
- The fees may be paid in two installments; Rs 34,000/- (Rs thirty four thousand only) at the time of admission in July, 2018 and Rs 34,000/- (Rs thirty four thousand only) in January, 2019
- The selection committee would screen the applications of the candidates
- The selected candidates would be called for a written test designed to assess General and Social Awareness, Linguistic Expression in English
- They must secure a minimum of 50% marks in order to qualify
- The medium of examination will be English
- The written exam would have a weightage of 75% in the overall process of selection
- This will be followed by Group Discussion with weightage of 10 percent.
- The candidate would then be called for personal interview which will have a weightage of 15 percent in the overall process of selection.
- The final selection will be based on the merit of aggregate marks
- However, the candidate has to secure a minimum of 50% marks separately in each process
Written Test and the Interview
- The candidates who meet the eligibility qualifications and do not receive the roll number for appearing in written test, should contact the Institute immediately
- Such candidates may collect their duplicate roll number in person, on 05th-06th July, 2018 from the Publication Officer of the Institute
- The written test, group discussion and the interview will be held from 09th -13th July, 2018.
- All admissions will be made through two counselings to be conducted in the Institute
- The schedule of the counselling and the merit list would be displayed on the Notice Board of the Institute and also on the Institute’s website
- The candidate should report on the notified date and time for counselling/admission in person along with the original certificates
- Applications should be made in the prescribed admission form available in the prospectus, which can be obtained on request from the Publication Officer of the Institute (Room No. 111-A) 5, Siri Institutional Area, Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110016 and from Regional Centers
- A payment of Rs.500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only) by cash would have to be made at the time of depositing the admission form. The candidates can also submit the application forms at Regional Centers.
- The forms can be deposited from 8 June, 2018 and the last date of submission of duly filled in Admission Form is 26 June, 2018.
- Candidates outside Delhi may also submit the filled in forms at the NIPCCD Regional Centre with a scanned copy of the application forwarded to NIPCCD headquarters at email@example.com for processing etc.
- No Admission Form will be accepted after the last date.
- Incomplete forms are liable to be rejected
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST are required to submit an attested copy of their caste certificate from a competent authority along with their admission fee as prescribed
- Candidates seeking admission under handicapped quota must produce disability certificate issued by the District Medical Board/Medical Board attached with the Vocational Rehabilitation Centres working under the Ministry of Labour, Govt of India, certifying their disability as 40% or more and a certificate of suitability issued by the Superintendent, Vocational Rehabilitation Centre for Handicapped, Ministry of Labour, Govt of India
- The candidates seeking admission under sponsored category shall have a minimum of 2 years of full time work experience as on 30th April, 2018 in the organization sponsoring him/her for admission
- Admission form of the sponsored candidate must be forwarded by the sponsoring organisation duly stamped and signed by the head of the organisation
- Attested copies of all the certificates; 10+2, degree, mark sheets of the qualifying examination passed by the candidates, caste certificate (for SC/ST), disability certificates (for disabled) should be enclosed along with the admission form
- However, the final eligibility will be checked at the time of admission
- The candidates selected for the Advanced Diploma would be required to deposit fees; 1st installment of Rs 34,000/- (Rs thirty four thousand only) by the stipulated date, failing which the selection would be cancelled and the seat thus fallen vacant will be offered to the next candidate in waiting list
National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development, New Delhi
5, Siri Institutional Area, Hauz Khas, New Delhi-110016, Website https://nipccd.nic.in