MANIT Bhopal PhD Program Admission 2019-20 (Even Semester)
MANIT Bhopal announces Admission to PhD (Full-time) Program 2019-20 (Even Semester)
MANIT Bhopal PhD Admission 2019-20 - Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology (MANIT) invites application for admission to Full Time Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programme for the Academic Session 2019-20 Even Semester (January – June 2020).
MANIT Bhopal PhD Admission 2019-20 Important Dates
- Last Date of form submission: 20th November 2019
- Date of written test: 30th November 2019
- Declaration of Result: 09th November 2019
- Admission Date: 23th November 2019
- Start of Course work: 01st January 2020
PhD Program Offered in following Departments
Full Time Ph.D programme in the following departments of the Institute.
- Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Materials & Metallurgical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biological Science & Engineering, Architecture & Planning, Energy Centre, Computer Science & Engineering, Mathematics (Mathematics, Bioinformatics, Computer Applications under Department of Mathematics), Physics (Physics, Nanoscience & Engineering under Department of Physics), Chemistry, Management Studies, Humanities and Social Sciences
Eligibility Criteria for MANIT Bhopal PhD Admission 2019-20 (Even Semester)
- Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline with minimum 65% marks (CGPA/GGPA 6.0) and Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 65% marks (CGPA/GGPA 6.0) from a recognized university.
- In Management studies the candidate must have an MBA degree or 2 years PGDM from MHRD/AICTE/UGC recognized Institute.
- Candidate should have GATE/NET qualified.
- Reservations are as per prevailing GOI norms. For reserved category students i.e. SC/ST/PwD a relaxation of 5% (0.5 in CGPA) is applicable.
- Selection will be based on entrance test conducted at Institute level only. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the same. Preference will be given to meritorious candidates with research aptitude.
- Admission under Sponsored full time category is only for the candidates from Govt. organizations, public sector and research institute as per PhD Ordinance.
Selection will be based on written test conducted at the Institute level.
- For each department, admission test of two hours (02 hr) duration containing three sections of total 200 marks with the following structure will be conducted in the Institute:
- Section 1: English (50 Marks, 30 Minutes, 25 Questions).
- Section 2: Mathematical Ability (50 Marks 30 Minutes, 25 Questions).
- Section 1 and 2 of written test of 1 hour is common for all the departments, Section 3 written test of 1 hour will be conducted separately for each department.
- Section 3: Concerned Subject (100 Marks, 60 Minutes, 50 Questions).
- Copies of Section 3 will only be evaluated when student will attain minimum total 30 marks in Section 1 and Section 2. Branch wise Merit list will be prepared on the basis of total marks of Section 3 only.
- For Architecture & Planning, Bioinformatics, Humanities, Management, Biological Sciences and Chemistry a separate examination of Mathematics will be conducted.
Merit List Preparation:
- Weightage of written test - 50%
- Weightage of UG - 10%
- Weightage of PG - 10%
- Weightage of GATE/NET marks - 30%
- Selected candidates shall get Teaching Assistantship as per Ph.D. ordinance/amendments and Institute norms.
MANIT Bhopal PhD Admission 2019-20 Application Process
- The application form can be downloaded from the Institute website http://www.manit.ac.in. Duly completed application form in the prescribed format will only be considered.
- Completed form along with non-refundable processing fee of Rs. 1500/- (Unreserved) and Rs. 1000/- for SC/ST/PwD candidates should be submitted to the Assistant Registrar (Academic), MANIT Bhopal – 462003 upto 20th November 2019. The payment of processing fee is to be done only through SBI online “SBI Collect” into the account of the Director, MANIT, Bhopal.
- The envelope must contain the following header, “Application form for Ph.D. Admission in ……………… Department. '' Applicant must submit separate application form along with separate processing fees, if he/she wishes to apply in different departments. Applications received after the due date will not be entertained.
- No individual communication via postal or email shall be made regarding the written test by the institute. The schedule of the Written Test will be displayed on the institute website. Candidates are advised to visit the institute website regularly for further updates.
For detailed information please visit Institute website http://www.manit.ac.in
Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology (MANIT), Bhopal (Deemed University), (Estd by MHRD, Govt of India), Bhopal-462051, Madhya Pradesh, Website www.manit.ac.in
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India