Kerala University M.Phil Program Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application
Kerala University announces Admissions to M.Phil. Program 2019
Kerala University MPhil Admission 2019 - Online applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Entrance Examination for admission to M.Phil. Degree Programme of one-year duration in the University Teaching and Research Departments, University of Kerala, University College, Thiruvananthapuram and LakshmiBai National College of Physical Education, Kariavattom for the academic year 2019-20.
Candidates can read the complete detail of Kerala University MPhil Degree Admission 2019 such as application forms, eligibility criteria & other information on this page given below.
Also See : Admission Notification
Kerala University MPhil Admission 2019 Important Date
- Last Date for Receiving Completed Application Form in the K.U. Kariavattom: 15th July 2019
M.Phil Programs Offered:
M.Phil Program offered at LakshmiBai National College of Physical Education, Kariavattom, Thiruvananthapuram
The eligibility conditions for these programmes are the same as specified for the M. Phil Programmes offered by the University Research and Teaching Departments
No. of Seats:
- Number of seats for each M. Phil Programme shall be decided based on the number of research supervisors available in the departments.
- A Professor as Research Supervisor/Co-Supervisor, at any given point of time shall guide not more than three M.Phil scholars.
Eligibility Criteria for Kerala University MPhil Admission 2019
- Candidates for admission to the M. Phil Programme shall have a Masters degree or professional degree declared equivalent the Masters degree by the corresponding statutory regularly body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade "B" in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50%or an equivalent relaxation in the case of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy lawyer)/Differently abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC from time to time, or those who had obtained their Master's Degree prior to 19th September 1991
- The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and a relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace marks procedure.
- Admission shall be based on the criteria notified by the University, keeping in view the guidelines/norms in this regard issued by the UGC and University bodies concerned, and taking into account the reservation policy of the State Govt. /University, applicable to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/Differently- abled and other categories of candidates, as decided by the State Govt./University from time to time.
- Candidates for M.Phil Degree Programs shall be granted admission through an Entrance Test (3 hour duration) conducted by the University
- Candidates eligible for registration shall be decided by a two stage process - Entrance Exam and Interview
- Syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of questions based on Research Methodology (50%) and the subject of study concerned (50%)
- Interview shall be conducted by the Department Doctoral Committee (DDC) in such a way that the candidates would be required to discuss their research interest/area.
Kerala University MPhil Admission 2019 Application Process
- Application Form can be downloaded from the website www.keralauniversity.ac.in or from the dept. website www.dcsku.org
- The Registration Fee is to be remitted to the A/C No. 67153233669 in any branch of State Bank of India using the special Challan of Kerala University available in the ‘Download Chalan’ link in the website (www.admissions.keralauniversity.ac.in)
- Candidates can also make registration fee payment through online payment method like Credit Card, Debit card or Net Banking
- A candidate who does not belong to SC/ST Community will be treated as “General” candidate for this purpose. Candidates shall not remit the fee in any other form like Demand Draft, Cheque etc.
Fee for Registration and Mode of Payment
- Fee for Registration - General Candidates Rs.525/- & SC/ST Candidates Rs.265/-
- Fee for each Additional Subject applied - General Candidates Rs.55/- & SC/ST Candidates Rs.30/-
For more details visit the official website: www.keralauniversity.ac.in
University of Kerala(Re- accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ Grade) Head Department of Computer Science, University of Kerala, Kariavattom, Thiruvananthapuram- 695581, Phone No: +910471-2308360, Email:email@example.com, Website www.keralauniversity.ac.in or www.dcsku.org