IBAB Bengaluru MSc Entrance Test 2019, Application, Dates
IBAB Bengaluru MSc Admission 2019 through Entrance Test
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2019 - Institute of Bioinformatics & Applied Biotechnology (IBAB), Bangalore invites applications for admission to Master of Science (M.Sc.) Program Offered in Bioinformatics & Applied Biotechnology for the session 2019.
Candidates are advised to fill the application form after fulfilling the eligibility conditions otherwise their form will get rejected. To know all the information related to IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2019 refer to this page.
See: MSc Admissions
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2019 Important Dates
- Last date for receiving online applications: 23rd April 2019
- On-campus Computerized Test and Interview: 25th May to 09th 2019
- Joining Date: July 2019
Uniqueness of the Program
- Dual specialisation degree (Bioinformatics and Biotechnology) in one MSc course
- Biotechnology: genetic engineering, cell and molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, fermentation, and downstream processing
- Practical hands-on training in biotechnology (including PCR, microarray, protein chemistry etc.) and bioinformatics (statistics, C, C++, PERL, JAVA, and R)
- M.Sc. in ‘Bioinformatics & Applied Biotechnology’ (Recognised and the degree awarded by University of Mysore)
- The 2-year M.Sc. Course are structured into 4 semesters
Eligibility Criteria for IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2019
- Students who are expected to complete their course by July 2019 are also eligible
- Applicant should have completed a bachelor’s degree (B.Tech, BE, B.Sc., MBBS, BDS, B.Pharm, BAMS) in any subject of Science/Technology such Computer Science, Chemistry, Pharma, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Biotechnology, Zoology, Botany, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Agriculture, Medicine, Dentistry or Veterinary Sciences.
- The applicant is required to obtain at least 50% (overall) in his/her Bachelor’s degree.
- There is no age bar for applying.
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2019 Selection Procedure
- First round of selection is by a simple, multiple choice online entrance test that can be taken from any place (even from your home)
- Second round of selections is via an interview at IBAB
- Only candidates who qualify in the entrance test will be called for an interview at Bengaluru
- For students from India Rs.500/-
- For NRI/Foreign students Rs.1000/-
- Application processing fee (non-refundable)
- Name of the Account: Institute of Bioinformatics & Applied Biotechnology
- Account No: 036005011787
- Type of Account: Current Account
- Name of the Bank: ICICI
- Bank Branch: Electronic City
- IFSC Code: ICIC0000360
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2019 Application Form
- Fill up all details online at link www.ibab.ac.in and separately send demand draft, two passport size photos and photocopies of marksheets to IBAB by post/courier.
- Step 1: Apply online
- Incomplete forms will be rejected.
- IBAB reserves the right to reject the application if the applicant does not meet the eligibility criteria. Please email email@example.com with your name and Application No. immediately after submitting the form online.
- Step 2: Shortlisting of candidates via Telephone or Skype Interviews
- First round of selection will be based on the student’s performance in their Bacherlor’s course and via telephone or skype interviews conducted by IBAB faculty
- Step 3: Interview of Shortlisted candidates at IBAB, Bengaluru
- Second round of selection is via a computerized test followed by a panel interview at IBAB.
- To qualify for the interview, all original certificates (10th, 12th and Bachelor’s transcripts and/or Degree certificate) have to be produced for verification.
- Step 4: Fee payment and admission
- All fees can be paid by NEFT or Demand Draft (DD). Details are given below.
- Admission is liable to be cancelled if any fraudulent records are found even after securing admission. Any fees paid already will not be refunded.