IIA PhD and Integrated MTech-PhD Admission 2019
Indian Institute of Astrophysics announces PhD and Integrated MTech PhD Program Admission 2019
IIA PhD and Integrated MTech - PhD Admission 2019 - The Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) Bangalore invites application from highly motivated student for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program offered jointly with Pondicherry Central University and Integrated M Tech-PhD offered jointly with University of Calcutta for the academic session 2019
- Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) is a premier National Research Institute with head office in Bangalore, Karnataka. IIA Bangalore is recognized as one of the top research institutes in India.
- It is a DST-funded, research institute, devoted to research in astronomy, astrophysics and related areas of physics.
- The Institute main campus is located in Koramangala, Bangalore. Additionally, the institute also has various field centres, including the Centre for Research & Education in Science & Technology (CREST) at Hosakote, Bangalore, and the observing facilities at Gauribidanur, Hanle, Kavalur and Kodaikanal
Also See : Admission Notifications 2018
Important Dates for IIA PhD and Integrated MTech-PhD Admission 2019
- Online Application starts from: 18th September 2018
- Last date to apply online: 22nd October 2018, 05:30 PM
- Date of Examination: 08th December 2018
- Examination Results will be posted around: 15th December 2018
- The Interview for PhD will be held in: In the last week of December 2018
- The interview for M.Tech PhD will be held in: May 2019
- Short-listed candidates will be interviewed at: IIA Banglore
- IIA conducts the following graduate programs leading to PhD degrees:
- PhD Program - Jointly with Pondicherry Central University, Puducherry
- Integrated M.Tech. â€“ PhD Program in collaboration with University of Calcutta, Kolkata
- Students who expect to complete M.Sc. (Physics) / Integrated M.Sc. (Physics) / B.E. / B.Tech. / M.E. / M.Tech. Degree by June 2019 or already completed, with 60% marks from Standard X onwards.
- In addition to the above, the other minimum eligibility criteria to apply are, All India rank in GATE (OR) JEST exam should be in the range 1 - 250 (OR) qualification in UGC-CSIR-NET (JRF) exam (OR) currently valid KVPY / INSPIRE fellowship.
- Maximum 25 years as on 1st January 2019
- Selection of candidates will be based on the performance in their IIA Screening Test (IIAST/JEST/GATE/UGC-CSIR-NET) conducted by the institute
- Candidates shortlisted based on their performance in the IIAST will be called for personal interview in IIA, Bangalore
Application Process for IIA PhD and Integrated MTech-PhD Admission 2019
- All the candidates are requested to apply online at www.iiap.res.in
- There are Two-Steps in the application procedure - registration and login. First, register by entering your name and valid e-mail address in the appropriate registration boxes from link. A welcome message with further instructions will be sent to e-mail address. You can then login and fill out the application form
- Before filling the form, keep ready with the scanned copies of your Photo, Date of Birth Proof, X, XII, Degree, Master Degree (If Applicable)
- Candidates will be asked to bring originals of the relevant documents for verification during the interview. Any false data provided on the form will automatically disqualify the candidate
- The final selection will be based on the interviews
- Please e-mail the administrator at email@example.com in case of any problems with the online forms
For more details and information on application procedure, please visit their official website www.iiap.res.in
Indian Institute of Astrophysics,IIA - II Block, Koramangala, Bangalore 560034, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.iiap.res.in