IIA Bangalore PhD and Integrated MTech-PhD Admission 2020
Indian Institute of Astrophysics announces PhD and Integrated MTech PhD Program Admission 2020
IIA Bangalore PhD and Integrated MTech-PhD Admission 2020 - The Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) Bangalore invites application from highly motivated student for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program offered jointly with Pondicherry Central University and Integrated M.Tech-PhD offered jointly with University of Calcutta for the academic session 2020.
- Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) is a premier National Research Institute with head office in Bangalore, Karnataka. IIA Bangalore is recognized as one of the top research institutes in India.
- It is a DST-funded, research institute, devoted to research in astronomy, astrophysics and related areas of physics.
- The Institute main campus is located in Koramangala, Bangalore. Additionally, the institute also has various field centres, including the Centre for Research & Education in Science & Technology (CREST) at Hoskote, Bangalore, and the observing facilities at Gauribidanur, Hanle, Kavalur and Kodaikanal
See: PhD Admissions
IIA PhD and Integrated MTech - PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
Last Date to Apply Online: 21st October 2019
Date of Examination: 14th December 2019
Examination results will be declared on our website: Around December 20, 2019
The interview for PhD will be held in - In the last week of December 2019
- The interview for M.Tech PhD will be held in May 2020
- Short-listed candidates will be interviewed at IIA Bengaluru
IIA conducts the following graduate programs leading to PhD degrees:
- PhD Program - Jointly with Pondicherry Central University, Puducherry
- Integrated M.Tech. â€“ PhD Program in collaboration with University of Calcutta, Kolkata
Eligibility Criteria for IIA PhD and Integrated MTech - PhD Admission 2020
Qualifying degree must be completed latest by June 2020. All applicants must fill the online application form. No hard copy applications will be entertained
Candidates must have:
Consistent academic record with 60% or more from Standard X onwards
UGC-CSIR-NET (JRF) qualified candidates satisfying criterion (a) may be directly called for interview
Maximum 25 years as on January 01, 2020
The candidate can apply to one programme only.
Applications will be screened and only the short-listed candidates will be eligible to write the IIA Screening Test (IIAST).
Incomplete applications (without scanned copy of stamp / passport size photograph of the student, X, XII, UG, PG mark sheets, GATE / UGC-CSIR-NET (JRF) / JEST ) will be rejected
See: MTech Entrance Exams
- Selection of candidates will be based on the performance in their IIA Screening Test (IIAST/JEST/GATE/UGC-CSIR-NET) conducted by the institute
- Candidates shortlisted based on their performance in the IIAST will be called for personal interview in IIA, Bangalore
IIA PhD and Integrated MTech - PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- All the candidates are requested to apply online at www.iiap.res.in
- There are Two-Steps in the application procedure - registration and login. First, register by entering your name and valid e-mail address in the appropriate registration boxes from link. A welcome message with further instructions will be sent to e-mail address. You can then login and fill out the application form
- Before filling the form, keep ready with the scanned copies of your Photo, Date of Birth Proof, X, XII, Degree, Master Degree (If Applicable)
- Candidates will be asked to bring originals of the relevant documents for verification during the interview. Any false data provided on the form will automatically disqualify the candidate
- The final selection will be based on the interviews
- Please e-mail the administrator at email@example.com in case of any problems with the online forms
For more details and information on application procedure, please visit their official website www.iiap.res.in
Indian Institute of Astrophysics, IIA - II Block, Koramangala, Bangalore 560034, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.iiap.res.in