IIA Bangalore PhD and Integrated MTech-PhD Admission 2019
Indian Institute of Astrophysics announces PhD and Integrated MTech PhD Program Admission 2019
IIA Bangalore PhD and Integrated MTech-PhD Admission 2019 - The Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) Bangalore invites application from highly motivated student for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program offered jointly with Pondicherry Central University and Integrated M.Tech-PhD offered jointly with University of Calcutta for the academic session 2019.
- Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) is a premier National Research Institute with head office in Bangalore, Karnataka. IIA Bangalore is recognized as one of the top research institutes in India.
- It is a DST-funded, research institute, devoted to research in astronomy, astrophysics and related areas of physics.
- The Institute main campus is located in Koramangala, Bangalore. Additionally, the institute also has various field centres, including the Centre for Research & Education in Science & Technology (CREST) at Hoskote, Bangalore, and the observing facilities at Gauribidanur, Hanle, Kavalur and Kodaikanal
See: PhD Admissions
IIA PhD and Integrated MTech - PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Online Application starts from: 25th March 2019
- Last date to apply online: 16th April 2019
- Short-listed candidates will be interviewed at: IIA Bangalore
IIA conducts the following graduate programs leading to PhD degrees:
- PhD Program - Jointly with Pondicherry Central University, Puducherry
- Integrated M.Tech. â€“ PhD Program in collaboration with University of Calcutta, Kolkata
Eligibility Criteria for IIA PhD and Integrated MTech - PhD Admission 2019
- M.Sc. (Physics) / Integrated M.Sc. (Physics) / B.E. / B.Tech. / M.E. / M.Tech. Degree with 60% marks from Standard X onwards.
A. You may apply if:
- You have qualified for JRF / LS in the NET/CSIR/UGC exam, or
- Scored 97 percentile or above in the JEST 2019, or
- Scored 98 percentile or above in GATE
Note: Scores must be valid at the time of admission.
- Candidates applying for the IIA-PhD program based on their GATE / JEST score must have qualified in the PHYSICS paper of GATE / JEST.
- NOTE: Percentile = [(T-R)/T]*100, where T = Total number of candidates, and R = All India Rank.
- Please refer to the GATE / JEST score card for T & R.
- Candidates who have obtained their last degree (qualifying degree) before 2015 are not eligible to apply.
- IMPORTANT: Initial screening will be conducted based on the overall academic performance. Shortlisted candidates will be called for a personal interview. Final selection is based on the interview at the IIA, Bangalore campus. Original documents of all academic records (mark sheets, certificates etc.) must be produced during the interview. If any information is found to have been falsified in the online application, it will lead to automatic and immediate disqualification of the candidate.
For queries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Maximum 25 years as on 1st June 2019
See: MTech Entrance Exams
- Selection of candidates will be based on the performance in their IIA Screening Test (IIAST/JEST/GATE/UGC-CSIR-NET) conducted by the institute
- Candidates shortlisted based on their performance in the IIAST will be called for personal interview in IIA, Bangalore
IIA PhD and Integrated MTech - PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- All the candidates are requested to apply online at www.iiap.res.in
- There are Two-Steps in the application procedure - registration and login. First, register by entering your name and valid e-mail address in the appropriate registration boxes from link. A welcome message with further instructions will be sent to e-mail address. You can then login and fill out the application form
- Before filling the form, keep ready with the scanned copies of your Photo, Date of Birth Proof, X, XII, Degree, Master Degree (If Applicable)
- Candidates will be asked to bring originals of the relevant documents for verification during the interview. Any false data provided on the form will automatically disqualify the candidate
- The final selection will be based on the interviews
- Please e-mail the administrator at email@example.com in case of any problems with the online forms
For more details and information on application procedure, please visit their official website www.iiap.res.in
Indian Institute of Astrophysics, IIA - II Block, Koramangala, Bangalore 560034, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.iiap.res.in