Indian Institute of Technology Bombay announces Admission to Postgraduate and PhD Program for Session 2021 (Autumn Semester)
IIT Bombay PG and PhD Admission 2021 – Online applications are invited by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay for admission to the Ph.D., M.Tech., M.Tech.+ Ph.D. (Dual Degree), M.Phil., M.Sc.Ph.D.(Dual Degree) in Energy Programmes, Master in Public Policy (MPP), Master in Urban Design and Engineering (MUDE), M.S. by Research in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering and Dual Degree MA+Ph.D Programme in Philosophy for the Academic Year 2021-22 starting from July 2021.
Check complete details on IIT Bombay Postgraduate and PhD Admission 2021 form the page below.
- M.Tech./M.Tech.+Ph.D. (Dual Degree)
- MBA – (2021-23)
- MBA (Executive)
- M.Sc.-Ph.D. (Dual Degree) in Energy
- M.S. by Research in CSE Department
- MA+Ph.D. (Dual Degree) in Philosophy
IIT Bombay PG and PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
For M.Tech./M.S. by Research Program
- Beginning of online application process :- March 24, 2021
- Last date for submission of completed application forms :- April 10, 2021
- To display the list for candidates called for TA/TAP/RA/RAP/PS/IS/SW for written test and or/interview schedule/details :- April 23, 2021
For M.Des Program
- Submission of online application with application :- 01st April, 2021 to 8 April, 2021
- Last date of application with payment of fees :- 8 April, 2021
- Date for declaration of result of candidates shortlisted for M.Des. online evaluation on the IIT Bombay portal :- 26 April, 2021
- Last date of submission of registration and declaration form and communication of interview schedule :- 10 May, 2021
- Date for M.Des. online evaluation, which includes online interview of the shortlisted candidates :- May 18 to May 23, 2021
- Declaration of results on IIT Bombay portal :- , 14 June, 2021
For M.Phil Program
- Issue of application forms begins :- April 1, 2021
- Last date of receipt of completed application forms :- April 28, 2021
- Date for displaying the list of candidates called for written test May 10, 2021
- Date of Written Test :- June 7, 2021
- Declaration of result of shortlisted candidates for interview through written test :- June 11, 2021
- Date of Interview (for all categories of shortlisted candidates) :- June 14, 15, & 16, 2021
For MPP Program
- Issue of application forms begins :- April 5, 2021
- Last date of receipt of completed application forms :- April 30, 2021
- Date for displaying the list of candidates called for Written Test and/or Interview :- May 12, 2021
- Online Test (Essay Submission) :- May 31 to June 2, 2021
- Online Interview of Selected Candidates :- June 1516, 2021
For Dual Degree MA+Ph.D. Program
- Issue of application forms begins :-March 24, 2021
- Last date of receipt of completed application forms :- April 23, 2021
- Date for displaying the list of candidates called for written test :- May 5, 2021
- Date of Written Test Stage-I :- May 21, 2021
- Date of Written Test Stage-II (shortlisted candidates from Stage I) :- May 24, 2021
- Date of Interview Stage-III (shortlisted candidates from Stage II) :- May 27 & 28, 2021
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Bombay PG and PhD Admission 2021
- Master’s or equivalent degree in Engineering/Technology/ Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Master’s or equivalent degree in science/ Master’s or equivalent degree in Arts/Commerce (or allied subjects) with 60% marks
- Valid GATE/CEED/ score/ Selected through National Eligibility Test – UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) Selected through a National level examination conducted by MHRD or its agencies / Institutions such as UGC/ IIT/ IISc./IISER/ IIIT etc.
- Minimum of Two years of professional experience (acquired after obtaining the qualifying degree and completed before the starting of the semester in which admission is sought)
- B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Sc. (Engineering) / M.Sc. / M.C.A. / MBBS / M.Pharm. / B.Pharm. (4 yr. Degree) / BDS (4 yr. Degree) / recognized equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. earned through Associate Membership Examinations conducted by recognized professional bodies (like Institution of Engrs. (India), Institute of Chemical Engrs., Aeronautical Society of India, Institute of Electronics & Telecommunication Engrs., Indian Institute of Metals, etc.) with 60% marks
For M.S. by Research in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Candidates with First class or 60% (55% marks for SC/ST) marks in B.E./B.Tech./AMIE or equivalent in any engineering discipline/ M.Sc. or equivalent in any science discipline/ MCA (with Physics & Mathematics at B.Sc. level) or equivalent.
- Valid GATE score (CS) is required for all applicants except those having B.Tech. Degree in CS/CSE from IITs with CGPA/CPI of 8.00 (on 010 Admissions into the M.S. programme will be in TA and RA categories
For M.Tech. + Ph.D. (Dual Degree)
- Candidates eligible for admission to M.Tech. Program are also eligible for M.Tech. + Ph.D. Dual Degree Programme, in certain disciplines/ specializations. There is a common application for M.Tech. and M.Tech.+ Ph.D. (Dual Degree) Programme.
- Candidates after getting admission to M.Tech. Programme will be considered for M.Tech.+ Ph.D. (Dual Degree) Programme if they have opted for it in the application.
For M.Phil. (Planning & Development)
- Master’s degree in Arts, Commerce or equivalent with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent letter grade (50% marks for SC/ST) from a recognized university or deemed university.
- B.Tech./M.Sc. degree or equivalent with adequate background in Social Sciences with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent letter grade (55% marks for SC/ST).
- Admission to this programme is open to those who qualify in M.Phil. Entrance Test (MET)/GATE/UGC JRF/ UGC-Lectureship. All candidates need to appear for MET 2019 to be considered for admission.
- Those appearing for the above exams may also apply. Those who are in service may apply as sponsored candidates.
For M.Sc. Ph.D. (Dual Degree) in Energy
- Candidates must have Bachelor’s degree in Science of minimum three years duration, with any one of Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics for two years/four semesters and any one of the remaining two subjects for at least one year/ two semesters. The intake to the programme is through JAM followed by an interview to be conducted by the Department of Energy Science and Engineering.
For Master in Public Policy (MPP)
- Master’s degree or a 4year bachelor’s degree (post 10+2) in Arts, Commerce, or equivalent with a minimum of 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST) or equivalent letter grade/ GPA from a recognized institution or deemed university.
- M.Sc. degree or a 4year B.Sc./B.S. degree (post 10+2) or equivalent with a minimum of 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) or equivalent letter grade/ GPA from a recognized institution or deemed university.
- B. Tech./B. Arch degree or equivalent (post 10+2) with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent letter grade / GPA (55% marks for SC/ST).
For Master in Urban Design and Engineering (MUDE)
- B.Tech./B.E. or equivalent degree in any branch of Engineering
- Minimum First Class 60 % (55% marks for SC/ST) in Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Urban Planning or related disciplines; and Valid GATE score in any subject.
- 2 years work experience is required for a student admitted under “Sponsored category in lieu of GATE qualification
For Dual Degree MA+Ph.D Programme in Philosophy
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree (BA/ Bcom/ BS/ Bsc/ BE/ B.Tech.), 10+2+3/4, in any discipline with 60% marks (or first class as specified by the university) for GN/EWS/OBC(NC) and 55% for SC/ ST/ PwD categories.
IIT Bombay PG and PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Candidates can apply to all the courses at IIT Bombay online through the official website http://www.iitb.ac.in/
- Candidates can submit multiple applications, if he/she wish to apply to more than one Programme by paying a separate application fee.
- The candidates are desirous to seek admission to be required to apply online. Only those applicants, who apply online before the last date and satisfy the eligibility criteria, will be considered for admission.
- Read all instructions regarding filling up online forms, and relevant information are available on the University website.
- The application fee can be paid through Debit/Credit card, internet banking
- Ph.D. – The final selection process to Ph.D. program to any Departments / Centres / Schools / Interdisciplinary Groups at IIT Bombay will be through written test and/or Interview as specified by individual Department / Centre / Schools / Interdisciplinary Groups.
- M.Tech. – They may be admitted to M.Tech. Programme under TA/RA positions through written test and/or interview.
- M.Phil. (Planning & Development) – The selection will be based on the qualifying test and interview.
- Master in Public Policy (MPP) – All candidates will be required to appear for an entrance exam. Successful candidates will be invited for an interview, only after which their admission to the programme can be confirmed.
- Master in Urban Design and Engineering (MUDE) – Percentile cutoffs of GATE across will be identical across disciplines, 70% weighting to GATE scores, 30% weighting to Internal Assessment consisting of Test and Interview
- Dual Degree MA+Ph.D Programme in Philosophy – Students will enter the programme through DEEP (Dualdegree Entrance Examination in Philosophy), which will consist of a written examination for 3 hours, followed by an interview of the shortlisted candidates.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website