IISER Pune PhD Admission 2020 Notification, Dates, Application
IISER Pune PhD Admission 2020 in Biology and Chemistry
IISER Pune PhD Admission 2020 - Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune has released the notification for PhD Program in Biology and Chemistry starting from January 2020 session.
For all other disciplines, the next round of admissions will be for the session starting in August 2020.
See: PHD Admission 2019
PhD Program in Biology - January 2020
- IISER Pune is hosting varied research groups operating in different fields. Biology research at IISER Pune presently includes both theoretical and experimental strategies. Research fields open in this PhD selection round are as follows:
- Online applications are invited for the PhD programme in Biology at IISER Pune for the January 2020 session in the following streams:
- Ecology and Evolution
- Chemical Biology
- Biophysics, Mathematical and Computational Biology
- Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology
- Given the broad scope of the research done at IISER Pune, we are also open to applicants who have specialized in areas other than Biology. Students with a quantitative background in Science and Engineering, as well as Chemistry, will find a number of faculty members engaged at the interface of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
- Minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or CGPA 6 out of 10 point scale (55% or equivalent CGPA in aggregate for SC/ST and PD candidates) in Masters' Degree in any branch of Science: Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics / Biological Sciences / Ecology & Environmental Sciences / Biodiversity / Psychology or equivalent. BE / B.Tech / M.Tech or MBBS degree holders may also apply.
- The candidate MUST satisfy one of the following criteria:
- Qualified a National Eligibility exam that provides a 5 year Ph.D. fellowship* such as CSIR–JRF / UGC–JRF / DBT–JRF–A/ ICMR–JRF / DBT–BINC–JRF / Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship.
- Prime Ministers Research Fellowship (PMRF)* for activation at IISER Pune as hosting institution in the discipline of choice
- *The certificate / fellowship MUST be valid at the time of admission as on 01 January 2020
- The selection process may involve a written test and upto two rounds of interview. At each step only a subset of selected candidates will go forward to the next phase.
- Applying does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for the selection process. The department may use additional criteria in order to shortlist candidates for the written test depending on the number of applications received.
PhD Program in Chemistry - January 2020
- For the admission to the PhD programme, interested candidates with good academic track record satisfying the eligibility criteria mentioned below can apply.
- Minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or CGPA 6 out of 10-point scale (55% or equivalent CGPA in aggregate for SC/ST and PD (Specially Abled) candidates) in Masters' Degree in any branch of Science: Chemistry / Physics / Mathematics / Biology or equivalent. Candidates with BE /B.Tech /B.Pharm /ME/M.Tech /M. Pharm degree/Integrated BS-MS degree holders satisfying the above criteria of marks can also apply.
- In addition to the above criteria, the candidate MUST have qualified the following exam:
- National Eligibility Test (NET) with VALID* CSIR-JRF / UGC-JRF
- *Above scores/ranks/fellowships MUST be valid at least till 02 January 2020.
- Shortlisting for the interview will be based on the valid details mentioned in the application form and the above criteria. The candidates shortlisted for interview (with valid CSIR/UGC-JRF) will receive a separate email to appear for the interview at the IISER Pune campus
- The list will also be uploaded on the IISER Pune website also. The final selection will be based on performance in the interview.
- Only online applications will be accepted.
- The candidates must carefully fill and submit the online application form on or before the specified date.
- After the last date, all applications will be screened and candidates selected for interviews will be intimated by email.
- All communication with candidates will be by email only.
- Kindly check IISER Pune website for periodic updates.
- In case of any application-related queries, please contact: email@example.com with your application number mentioned in the subject line.
- Candidates who are appearing or are about to appear for final examinations of the qualifying degree program are eligible to apply for PhD program. However, if selected, admission to the PhD program would be conditional upon their completing the qualifying degree with the defined marks criteria, before 1st January 2020
- Selection will be based on interviews of the short-listed candidates.
- Relaxation of eligibility criteria for SC/ST and PD applicants will be as per Government of India norms. Candidates belonging to reserved category will have to submit relevant certificates, if selected.
- Applying does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for interview. The respective departments may use additional criteria (based on academic performance and/or performance in the national level tests) in order to shortlist candidates for interviews depending on the number of applications received.
- Opening of online application forms: October 7, 2019
- Closing of online application forms: October 30, 2019
- Written test: November 13, 2019
- Interviews: November 13-15, 2019
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India