IISER Pune Integrated PhD Admission 2019 Notification, Dates, Application
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune announces Integrated PhD Admission 2019 (August)
IISER Pune Integrated PhD Admission 2019 - Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Pune has released notification for admission to Integrated PhD (i-PhD) in, the Biological, Chemical, Mathematical and Physical Sciences for the academic year 2019 intake for August Batch.
- IISER Pune is the sixth Institute in the chain of IISERs being established by the Govt. of India under the Ministry of HRD for imparting quality education in basic sciences and set up state-of-art research facilities for front line and cutting edge research in science. This is a new institute and is currently being mentored by IISER Pune.
- IISER Pune offers Integrated Ph.D. (i-Ph.D.) as a research program with a blend of course work (2 years) and research projects. On successful completion of the doctoral research project, students are awarded a degree in Master of Science and a Ph.D. degree.
- The first four semesters consist of core courses, elective courses and advanced courses specializing in one subject, and combined with research work.
- On successful completion of course work, related project work and a comprehensive exam, the student continues with the research leading to a Ph.D
See: PHD Admission 2019
IISER Pune Integrated PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Online application form opens on: 17th February 2019
- Last date for Application submission:15h April 2019
- Tentative dates of Interview:24th to 25th June 2019
- Date of opening of online application form: after JAM/JEST results are declared
Eligibility Criteria for IISER Pune Integrated PhD Admission 2019
- Students with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage with all subjects) or CGPA 6 out of 10-point scale in B.Sc. / BTech/ B.E. or any equivalent degree.
- In addition to the above, students must have qualified any of the national level exams listed in the following table for the respective departments.
- Biology - JGEEBILS - 2019 or JAM -2019 (BL - Biological Sciences or BT - Biotechnology)
- Chemistry -JAM (Chemistry) 2019
- Mathematics - JAM 2019 (MA - Mathematics or MS-Mathematical Statistics) or Valid NBHM MA/MSc Scholarship
- Physics - JAM (Physics) 2019 or JEST (Physics) 2019
- SC/ST, PD and KM candidates Percentage may be relaxed with 5% or 0.5 in case of CGPA.
- Selection will be based on interviews of the short-listed candidates
- Financial assistance will be provided by the institute to the selected candidates.
- Please Note: All communication with candidates will be through emails only. Kindly check this website for periodic updates.
IISER Pune Integrated PhD Admission 2019 Application Form
- Only online applications will be accepted. The candidates must carefully fill and submit the online application form on or before the specified date
- Applicants should complete the online application form by going to the following https://www.iiserPune.ac.in/admissions/iphd/
- After the last date, all applications will be screened and candidates selected for interviews will be intimated by email
- Candidates who are appearing or about to appear for final examinations of the qualifying degree program are eligible to apply for Integrated PhD program. However, if selected, their admission would be conditional upon their completing the qualifying degree with the defined marks criteria, before 1st August 2019
For more detail visit website www.iiserPune.ac.in
IISER (Indian Institute of Science Education and Research), Pune
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune, Website www.iiserpune.ac.in
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India