Indian Institute of Science Education and Research announces PhD Admission for August 2021 Session
IISER Pune PhD Admission 2021 – Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune invites application for admission to PhD Program in Biology, Chemistry, Earth & Climate Science, Humanities & Social Sciences, Mathematics & Physics for the academic session starting from August 2021
IISER Pune PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Last Date of Application for PhD Program in Biology :- 31st May 2021
- Last Date of Application for PhD Program in Chemistry :- To be announced
- Last date for Application Submission for PhD program in Earth & Climate Science :- 30th April 2021
- Tentative dates for online interviews for PhD Program in Biology :- 28th June to 09th July 2021
- Tentative Dates of Online Interview for PhD Program in Chemistry :- 08th to 12th June 2021
- Tentative Dates of Online Interview for PhD Program in Earth & Climate Science :- First half of May 2021
Eligibility Criteria for IISER Pune PhD Admission 2021
- Passed Master’s degree in Science / Mathematics or a four-year Bachelor’s degree with at least 60% marks (aggregate) are encouraged to apply.
- Passed Masters’ (or B.E., B.Tech., M.Tech, MBBS) degree holders in any branch of science including Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biological sciences, Ecology and Environmental sciences, Biodiversity, Psychology or equivalent.
- Applicants must have qualified a National Level Eligibility exam that provides a 5-year PhD fellowship such as CSIR-JRF# / UGC-JRF# / DBT-JRF-A / ICMR-JRF / DBT-BINC-JRF / Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship, etc.
- CSIR/UGC-JRF rank/ score MUST be valid at least till August 01, 2021.
- Candidates who are appearing or are about to appear for final examinations of the qualifying degree program are eligible to apply for PhD program. However, if selected, admission to the PhD program would be conditional upon their completing the qualifying degree with the defined marks criteria, before 1st August 2021
IISER Pune PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Eligible Candidates can apply online through the official website https://www.iiserpune.ac.in/
- The candidates must carefully fill and submit the online application form on or before the specified date.
- After the last date, all applications will be screened and candidates selected for interviews will be intimated by email.
- Based on application form and the eligibility criteria, applicants will be shortlisted for an interview. Candidates selected for the interview will receive a separate email to appear for the interview.
- In view of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, PhD interviews may be held online. Clear guidelines or any changes in procedure will be provided to candidates shortlisted for the interviews.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website