TIFR PhD in Science Education Admission 2019 Dates, Application
TATA Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) notifies PhD Program in Science Education 2019
TIFR PhD in Science Education Admission 2019 - Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE), TATA Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) notifies admission for PhD program in science education for the academic year 2019
HBCSE carries out research and development in education in science, technology and mathematics from primary school up to undergraduate level.
Also See: PhD Admission 2019
Admission to PhD Program in Science Education 2019
- We are looking for young people with
- Interest in science and mathematics education
- Flair for teaching and writing
- Curiosity about how students learn
- Critical and analytical skills
- Commitment to improving education
Note: Science & Mathematics teachers and educators are also encouraged to apply. They would have to spend a minimum of two years at HBCSE and can do their research work while stationed at their parent institutions.
Also See: Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Areas of Research
- Teaching and learning of science and mathematics from primary to undergraduate level
- Innovative curricula and assessment methods, experimental problem-solving in science
- Development of scientific and mathematical thinking in students at school and college level
- Design and technology in the curriculum
- Visual and spatial modes in learning
- Socio-cultural and gender factors in learning
- Science-Technology-Society-Environment Education
- Science of learning and new computational media
- Discipline-based education research in physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, astronomy and environmental science education
For more details at http://www.hbcse.tifr.res.in/research-development
TIFR PhD in Science Education Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Application submission deadline: March 31, 2019
- Written test: May 19, 2019
- Interview: June 3rd week, 2019
Eligibility Criteria for TIFR PhD in Science Education Admission 2019
- M.Sc. (in any subject), M. Tech or a Master's degree (M.A./ M.S.W.) in any of the social/ behavioral sciences/ psychology/ linguistics/ sociology/ economics/ anthropology, M.Ed. with a science or social sciences/humanities undergraduate degree.
- 25000/- per month till registration, 28000/- per month post-registration
- Additionally, 30% HRA in lieu of on-campus institute accommodation
- Annual contingency grant of 32000/-
- Admissions are made initially for six months, renewable every six months up to a maximum of five years.
- Continuation is subject to completion of milestones as specified by the subject board.
Also See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification 2019
TIFR PhD in Science Education Admission 2019 Applications Process
- Candidates can apply in online or offline mode.
- Three ways to complete the application
- Apply & Pay online: Submit the application and make the payment using Credit/Debit card online.
- Apply online & Pay offline: Get a DD issued in favour of Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, TIFR (payable at Mumbai) and include the DD number & bank details while submitting the application online. Post the DD to the address Graduate School Admissions - 2019, Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, TIFR, V. N. Purav Marg, Mankhurd, Mumbai 400088
- Apply & Pay offline: Get a DD issued in favour of Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, TIFR (payable at Mumbai). Download and complete the PDF Application Form from the Downloads section of this page. Post both the DD and the completed application to the address : Graduate School Admissions - 2019, Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, TIFR, V. N. Purav Marg, Mankhurd, Mumbai 400088
Note: To apply online new applicants need to create an applicant profile before they can submit their application. The step to register and submit your application for the program are listed below.
Exam Fee (Non-Refundable)
- Male Candidate: 600 for online or manual applications.
- Female Candidate: 100 for online or manual applications
Written Test Centres
- A written test for eligible applicants will be held at nine Centres around the country: Chennai, Bengaluru, Pune, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Bhopal and Guwahati (provisional)
- Those who qualify will be called for an interview
Note: You may find the details and format of written test from www.hbcse.tifr.res.in
Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (A Deemed University), V. N. Purav Marg, Mankhurd, Mumbai-400088, Website www.hbcse.tifr.res.in, Phones: (022) 25580036/25072230; Fax: (022) 25566803; email: email@example.com
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India