Gauhati University PG Course Admission 2019, Dates, Application
Gauhati University announces PG Course MA, M.Tech, M.Sc, M.Com, MLISc, MTM Admission 2019
Gauhati University PG Admission 2019 - Gauhati University has issued the notification and invites application for admission to PG Courses - MA, M.Tech, M.Sc, M.Com, MLISc, MTM for the academic session 2019-20.
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in Assamese, Arabic, Bengali, Bodo, Economics, Education, English, European Studies, Hindi, History, Linguistics, English Language Teaching (ELT), Mass Communication, Persian, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Sanskrit, Sociology, Women’s Studies and Comparative Indian Literature.
- Master of Science (M.Sc) in Anthropology, Biotechnology, Biophysics, Botany, Cancer Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics and Communication Technology, Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Geography, Geology, Herbal Science & Technology Instrumentation and Applied Physics, Mathematics, Microbiology, Microelect & Adv Comm Tech Nursing (in LGBRIMH, Tezpur), Physics, Radiological Physics, Statistics, Zoology, Wildlife Science.
- Master of Commerce (M.Com.)
- Master of Library & Information Science (M.L.I.Sc.) in Library and Information Science Master of Technology (M. Tech.) in Information Technology, Biotechnology, Signal Processing & Communication, Signal Processing & VLSI and Material Science & Technology
- Master of Tourism & Management (M.T.M.)
See: MA Admission 2019
Gauhati University PG Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date for Online Application: 15th June 2019
- Issue of Admit Cards (Online): 18th June 2019
- Date of Entrance Test: 29th June to 03rd July 2019
- Opening of Window for feeding marks of qualifying examination in the online form: 05th to 15th July 2019
- Date of publishing the selection list: 20th July 2019
- Date of Admission: 24th July 2019
- Commencement of Classes: 01st August 2019
See: MSc Admission 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Gauhati University PG Admission 2019
For M.A./M.Sc. Courses
- BA/BSc in the 10 + 2 + 3-pattern with Major / Honours in the concerned subject.
- BCom in the 10 + 2 + 3-pattern with at least 40% marks (or equivalent CGPA) in aggregate in the General Course.
Note: 45% marks will be calculated on the basis of marks obtained in Part-I & II for courses in 2 + 1-pattern and on the basis of marks obtained in Part I, II, & III in case of 1 + 1 + 1-pattern.
For M.Com. Course
- BCom in the 10 + 2 + 3-pattern with Major course.
- BA/BSc in the 10 + 2 + 3-pattern with General / Pass Course subjects with at least 45% marks (or equivalent CGPA) in the concerned subject.
See: M.Com Admission 2019
- Entrance Exam will be held for admission to PG Courses (MA, M.Tech, M.Sc, M.Com, MLISc, MTM). Schedule of the Entrance exam is provided on this page above. The selection of students for admission into interdisciplinary programs of study will be on the basis of entrance test only.
- This also applies to other University students applying to any Course.
- The GU Entrance Test will consist of 100 Marks which is to be answered in 2 (two) hours. Across different subjects, the test pattern will be different namely of three types:
- Type 1: All MCQ i.e. full 100% consisting of MCQ
- Type 2: A mix of MCQ and Descriptive type questions (to be written in answer booklet)
- Any kind of outside materials, paper, any kind of electronic devices including smart watch will not be allowed inside the examination hall.
- Mathematics Honours Papers as in UG TDC syllabus of Gauhati University:
- Algebra & Trigonometry, Calculus, Coordinate Geometry, Differential Equation, Abstract Algebra, Linear Algebra & Vector, Real Analysis, Mechanics, Real & Complex Analysis, Topology, Probability, Optimization Theory, Programming in C, Discrete Mathematics, Graph Theory and Number Theory.
Gauhati University PG Admission 2019 Application Process
- The online application is available at www.gauhati.ac.in
- Interested students are requested to apply within the stipulated time frame. The Application Form for Admission is editable but once you pay the fee, it will no longer be editable.
- Applicants are required to pay the application fee after submitting the form. Keep ready all documents and information required to submit along with the Application Form.
- Online application form will be live at admission portal of Gauhati University from 22 May, 2019 after 5pm to 15 June, 2019. The admission process will be fully online, including payment of application, entrance and admission fee.
Gopinath Bardoloi Nagar, Jalukbari, Guwahati-781014, Assam, Email: email@example.com, website www.gauhati.ac.in
Admission Open for 2020
- UPES Dehradun 2020 Admissions all Courses - Apply Now!
- Lovely Professional University Admissions 2020 open for all Courses - Apply Now!
- Chandigarh University, Punjab Admissions Open for All Courses 2020 - Apply Now!