GITAM University PhD Admission 2021, Dates, Application Form
Gitam University Visakhapatnam announces Admission to PhD Program 2021-22
Gitam University PhD Admission 2021 - Gitam University invites applications from the eligible candidates for admissions to Full-Time /Part-Time PhD Programs offered by various faculty for the academic year 2021-22 at Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad and Bengaluru Campus.
Read on for more details on Gitam University PhD Admission 2021
Faculty of Engineering
- Ph.D. (Full-time / Part-time) - Biotechnology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering.
Faculty of Science
- Ph.D. (Full-time / Part-time) - Applied Mathematics, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Electronics, Environmental Science, Food Science Technology, Microbiology, Physics.
Faculty of Management
- Ph.D. (Full-time / Part-time) - Accounting, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Financial Management, Human Resources Management, Marketing Management, Operations Management, International Business
Faculty of Pharmacy
- Ph.D. (Full-time / Part-time) - Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacognosy & Phytochemistry
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Ph.D. (Full-time / Part-time) - Applied Psychology, Applied Philosophy, English Language and Literature.
Faculty of Law
- Ph.D. (Full-time / Part-time) - Law
Duration of the Program
- PhD (FT) programme shall be for a minimum of three years (two years for M.Phil. Degree holders) and a maximum of six years
- PhD (PT) programme shall be for a minimum of four years (three years for M.Phil. Degree holders) and a maximum of eight years
- Part-time candidates are required to work for at least eight weeks (in one or more than one spell) each year including the period of course work in the concerned department
Gitam University PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- The last date for submission of applications is 14th October 2019
- Last Date of Applications: 24th May 2021
- Special Requests from candidates (through email:firstname.lastname@example.org): 24th May 2021
- Login Details: Will be sent before 8thJune
- Mock Examinations: 10th June and 11th June 2021
- Online PhD Entrance Exam: 15th June 2021
- Results of Online Examinations: 16th June 2021
- Interview of the qualified candidates: Between 21st June - 26th June 2021
- Final Results: 30th June 2021
- Reporting Date: On or before 15th July 2021
Eligibility Criteria for Gitam University PhD Admission 2021
- Candidates seeking admission into Ph.D. program can pursue research underFull-Time / Part-Time, subject to eligibility criteria as stipulated below
- Candidates should have secured at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade B in the UGC 7 – point scale or the point scale followed in the concerned institutions. However, a relaxation of 5% marks or an equivalent grade is permitted for SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled category candidates.
Service requirement for Part-Time Candidates
- Teachers working in PG Departments of recognized Universities and their affiliated Colleges with a minimum of one year of service.
- Teachers working in Degree or Professional colleges affiliated to recognize Universities with at least two years of service.
- Teachers working in recognized Junior Colleges with at least three and four years of service for admission to Ph.D. programmes respectively.
- Executives / Administrators / Engineers / Scientists with at least three years of service in Govt. / Quasi Govt. / Judiciary / Public sector organizations / Public and private limited companies and other organizations approved by the BRS.
Fee Structure (in rupees)
- 1st year: Rs. 30,000/-
- 2nd year: Rs.30,000/-
- 3rd year: Rs. 30,000/-
- 1st year: Rs. 40,000/-
- 2nd year: Rs. 40,000/-
- 3rd year: Rs. 40,000/-
- 4th year: Rs. 40,000/-
Gitam University PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Candidates have to submit an online application form at https://researchadmissions.gitam.edu by paying a non-refundable registration fee of Rs. 800/- (Rupees eight hundred only) through Debit card / Credit Card (Master / VISA) / Net Banking / UPI
- Candidates have to upload copies of all the certificates mentioned in the section 3.2 (a).
- The Office of the Directorate of Admissions will not take any responsibility for the non receipt of applications in time.
- Admission shall be based on the marks secured in the Online Entrance Test and Interview, subject to the fulfillment of the eligibility criteria and the rules of reservation.
Details of the Entrance Test
- The Syllabus for the entrance test can be downloaded from the website www.gitam.edu
- The syllabus shall have 50% coverage on Research Methodology and 50% on specific subjects.
- The duration of the test is two hours. The test comprises a combination of conventional & objective type questions.
- The maximum marks for the written test is 140 (70 for Research Methodology and 70 for specific subject). Candidates who secure 50% in the written test shall be eligible for interview. Interview shall be conducted for 60 Marks.
- The merit list for admission shall be prepared on the basis of marks obtained together in the entrance test and interview.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India