BIT Mesra Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra Ranchi announce admission to Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) Program 2019-2023
BIT Mesra B.Pharm Admission 2019 - Birla Institute of Technology (BIT) Mesra, Ranchi invites applications from eligible Class XII pass-out aspiring for admission to 4-year (8-semester) Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) Program Of the Institute at Mesra for the academic session 2019-2023.
- This programme is full-time and will commence in July 2019.
- 4-Year (8-Semester) Full-Time Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) Program 2019-2023 Institute at Mesra (Main Campus)
No. of seats
Total number of seats to be offered in 2019 is:
- B.Pharm – 60 Seats
BIT Mesra B.Pharm Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Filling of online form commences from: 30 April 2019
- Last date to Apply Online: 25 June 2019
- Declaration of list of candidates to be called for counselling: 05 July 2019
Also See : Admission Notification
Eligibility Criteria for BIT Mesra B.Pharm Admission 2019
- Minimum qualifications / eligibility criteria for admission to the Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) programme is as given below:
- Candidates must have appeared in JEE (Main) 2019 or National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2019 (NEET-UG)
- Candidates must have passed Class 12 / I.Sc. or equivalent qualifying examination.
- Candidates must have passed in English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics /Biology in Class 12/I.Sc. or Equivalent Qualifying Examination with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/PwD).
- Marks in Class 12 to be computed as average of following 4 subjects - English, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics / Biology.
- Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st October 1994 in case of General /OBC category and 1st October 1989 in case of SC/ST/PwD are eligible for admission.
- Date of Birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board Class X (High School) certificate only will be considered as authentic.
- Candidates with foreign diplomas should see the EdCIL website for equivalence.
- Candidate shall have passed 10+2 examination conducted by the respective state/central government authorities recognized as equivalent to 10+2 examination by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) with English as one of the subjects and Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology as optional subjects individually.
- However, the students possessing 10+2 qualification from non-formal and non-class rooms based schooling such as National Institute of Open Schooling, open school systems of States etc. shall not be eligible.
- Selections will be made on merit, that will be drawn by giving:
- 60% weightage to JEE (Main) 2019 / National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2019 (NEET-UG) Score [total marks obtained] and
- 40% weightage to academic performance (marks in Class 12 / equivalent qualifying examination)
- Candidates must meet the age criteria and other minimum academic requirements.
Cancellation of Admission Offer:
- The admission of a candidate will be automatically cancelled -
- If any information provided in the application form is found incorrect or missing.
- Those who fail to submit the marksheet of Class XII or equivalent qualifying examination in time as stipulated.
- In case any Board awards grades instead of marks, the calculation of equivalent marks would be based on the procedure prescribed by the Board.
Note: Eligible SC/ST, OBC, PwD students admitted to above programmes at Mesra should submit their scholarship form in the Office of Registrar for the academic year by February for processing scholarship to SC/ST, OBC, PwD students each year, as per UGC guidelines.
- For all programmes at the Institute which are supported by any of the respective State Governments, the reservation criteria for the state quota are as per the norms of the respective State Government.
- For all other programmes the reservation criteria for SC & ST are as per the statutory norms of Central Govt. (SC -15% & ST - 7.5%)
- The Institute observes statutory reservation for Persons with Disability (5%).
- Upto 1 seat may be allotted to the candidates who are Sons or Daughters of Kashmiri Migrant who otherwise have qualified for admissions
- 50% of the total seats are reserved for candidates who have passed their qualifying examination (Class 12) from Jharkhand State.
BIT Mesra B.Pharm Admission 2019 Application Process
- This undergraduate Information Brochure 2019 covers admission to Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) programme at Mesra, Ranchi.
- To fill online application form, click on the link ‘Apply Online’ to register and create ‘username’ and ‘password’ for the application process. Do not share the password with anybody.
- To apply for the above program, Eligible candidates must complete and submit the application form online available on the Institute website www.bitmesra.ac.in
- Pay application fee of Rs.1,500/- (General/OBC candidates) and Rs.1,000/- (SC/ST candidates) inclusive of GST charges through State Bank Collect (net banking / credit card of any nationalized bank) in favour of ‘Birla Institute of Technology’ till the last date of application process. Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Candidates should proceed to fill the Online Application Form only after they satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria.
- Important Instructions: Candidate must have adequate proficiency in written & spoken English to cope with the programme as all instruction and examinations will be in English only.
Documents verification cum Admission:
- The list of eligible candidates to be called for documents verification cum admission for the B.Pharm. programme will be notified on the Institute website as per schedule mentioned.
- The candidates must visit our website http://www.bitmesra.ac.in periodically for updates / any other matters pertaining to the admission procedures.
- For queries about admission related procedures and status of application, please contact the Admission Office, BIT Mesra
BIT Mesra Ranchi
Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Mesra, Ranchi, Jharkhand (Deemed University under section 3 of UGC Act 1956), Website www.bitmesra.ac.in