Anna University PhD Admission 2020 - Application, Eligibility, Dates
Anna University Admission to PhD Program January 2020
Anna University PhD Admission 2020 - Applications are invited for admission to PhD Program for January 2020 session and Anna Centenary Research Fellowship of this University.
Anna University's Centre for Research accepts applications for PhD Admission to Anna University Applications are accepted twice a year for January and July session respectively for the following research programs.
See: PHD Admission 2019
PhD Program Offered Subjects
- Ph.D. Degree in Engineering and Technology
- Ph.D. Degree in Science and Humanities
- Ph.D. Degree in Management Sciences
- Ph.D. Degree in Architecture and Planning
- Applicants must be passed Master's Degree of this University or any other qualification recognized as equivalent thereto in the fields of study notified from time to time by this University. Specific educational qualifications are given below:
Qualification for Admission
- PhD Degree in Engineering/ Technology: M.E./M. Tech./M.S. (By Research) in the relevant branch of Engineering or Technology
- PhD Degree in Science and Humanities: M.Sc./M.A. (English / Communication / Mass Communication/Journalism/Media Arts)/M.S. (By Research) in the relevant branch of Science and Humanities / M.C.A.
- PhD Degree in Management Sciences: MBA/Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management or Administration awarded by Indian Institute of Management (IIMs)/M.S. (By Research) in Management Sciences
- PhD Degree in Architecture and Planning: M.Arch./M.Plan. / M.S. (By Research) in Architecture and Planning
- Candidates should have the required qualification in the order of studies 10th, HSC, UG/PG degree or its equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 55% marks or CGPA of 5.5 on a 10 point scale in the qualifying examination (In case of SC/ST/ Differently –Abled candidates, 50% marks or CGPA of 5.0 on a 10 point scale).
Anna University PhD Admission 2020 Selection Procedure
- The applications with the consent of recognized supervisor from recognized department of Anna University, Chennai are only considered for admission to Ph.D. programme. Other applications shall be summarily rejected without any notice. The preliminary scrutiny will be done by the Centre for Research and short list the eligible candidates as per norms
- The short listed candidates shall be called for written test (to be conducted in the Anna University Main Campus, Chennai only). Syllabus (Click Here) for the written test for various specializations is given in website and candidates are advised to select any one of the syllabus for written test
- The change of syllabus will not be entertained in future. The selection shall be based on the performance of the candidate in written test, Interview and the marks scored in the PG qualifying degree.
- The consolidated list of candidates who had qualified in the written test will be notified on the website and will be called for interview at the Anna University Main Campus, Chennai only.
Details of Fees to be paid
- One-time Non-Refundable Registration Fee
- The mode of Registration fee payment is through online only.
- General Category Candidates - Rs.1000/-
- Tamil Nadu SC/ST/SCA Candidates - Rs.600/-
- Other State SC/ST Candidates - Rs.1000/-
- The Registration fee payment is only through online mode.
- Tuition fee is exempted for differently abled persons and Full-time Tamil Nadu state SC/ST candidates. Smart/Identity card fee as notified by the University is to be paid at the time of admission.
- Note: 50% of fee concession is applicable to the regular Faculty members of University Departments/Regional Centres / University Engineering Colleges / Govt. Colleges & Govt. Polytechnic Colleges till the maximum duration of the program
Anna University PhD Admission 2020 Application Procedure
- Application for PhD Program is to be downloaded from the website www.annauniv.edu
- The filled in application shall be sent to "The Director, Centre for Research, Anna University", Chennai-25 with necessary certificates and a DD for Rs.800/- for General and Rs.400/- for Tamil Nadu SC/ST Candidates drawn in favour of "The Director (Research), Anna University" payable at Chennai
- Filled in application with all enclosures securely stitched to it shall be sent to "The Director, Centre for Research, Anna University, Chennai-600025" so as to reach on or before 19th August to 07th September 2019 by 05.30 pm. Online fee Receipt shall be enclosed along with the completed application.
- Click Here for details about Anna University PhD Admission
Anna University PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Date of Start Online Applications and Fee: 19th August 2019 at 11.00 am
- Date of Closure of Online Applications and Fee: 07th September 2019 at 05.30 pm
- Program Commencing in January 2020
Anna University, Chennai
Anna University, Chennai-600025 (Centre for Research), Tel.: 044-22357354, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website https://cfr.annauniv.edu
Admission Open for 2020
- UPES Dehradun 2020 Admissions all Courses - Apply Now!
- Lovely Professional University Admissions 2020 open for all Courses - Apply Now!
- Chandigarh University, Punjab Admissions Open for All Courses 2020 - Apply Now!